• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darwin Walker possibly returning to football...

KillerKat

Former Panthers, Eagles, and Bears DT Darwin Walker is considering a return to the NFL.

"I haven't ruled out the possibility of playing still," said Walker, 33. "I've had a couple of offers. I turned them all down." Walker was out of football all last season. He had a visit with the Lions in August of 2009, but otherwise isn't known to have generated serious interest in free agency.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=747

He was good in rotation back in '08 for us. Could be worth a look at. Would certainly be better than Hayden.

It's a shame that a 36 year old veteran in Hollis Thomas is a better option than a 24 year waste of a roster spot in Nick Hayden.

As far as Darwin Walker goes, I really don't see how he was good in 08'. He recorded 10 tackles in ten games and that is not good. Hayden is bad but Walker is not better than Hayden. Hollis Thomas is the only guy that is over 30 that the Panthers should consider bringing in.

It's a shame that a 36 year old veteran in Hollis Thomas is a better option than a 24 year waste of a roster spot in Nick Hayden.

As far as Darwin Walker goes, I really don't see how he was good in 08'. He recorded 10 tackles in ten games and that is not good. Hayden is bad but Walker is not better than Hayden. Hollis Thomas is the only guy that is over 30 that the Panthers should consider bringing in.

!0 tackles in 10 games sucks if you were in alot particularly on running plays. But he wasn't used that much and had difficulty with back problems following the car accident so he really played okay in very limited time.

But don't worry we won't bring him in nor will we bring in Thomas either,

Archived