• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smith: Flag football injury an accident

The Saltman

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5322387

Obviously, I put my team and myself in a bad situation by playing," Smith said. "But that wasn't my intention and wasn't what I thought the outcome was going to be

I wish I could take it back," Smith said. "But I am a regular guy outside of football. I mow my grass, too. I can get my finger chopped off fixing my lawnmower. I could roll my ankle playing tag or slip-n-slide with my kids. In hindsight, yeah, I won't do it again. But I was just having fun

If you get out of your little shallow box, you would understand it's more than just money for me in this game," Smith said. "This is what I grew up playing, and it was my offseason. Until freaking Father's Day, nothing had happened

The 31-year-old Smith did make it clear on the radio interview that he won't play flag football again until after he retires.

"I'm going to sit in my bubble. That's what I'm going to do for the rest of my career," he said. "That would be better for everybody.

Archived