• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So Husker

cookinwithgas

My friends son joined the Navy to be a cop. The Navy sends their cops to the Air Force police school. Now he's got his orders....and for some inexplicable reason the Navy is sending him to an Air Force Base to guard B-52's.

It's in Nebraska - I am assuming that it's Offutt south of Omaha but I am not sure - is there another B-52 base in Nebraska?

I hope not, at least Omaha is kind of a city...

He is going to hate them. He's lived in Charlotte all his life. I went to Nebraska once in July, and I could still feel some of the remnants of winter.

Our fear is that he is going to get latched onto by some girl who has never been out of Nebraska in her life, and either get her pregnant and marry for necessity, or get married and be convinced to stay in that godforsaken place. I guess if you are from Nebraska you could be a Bears, Vikings, Chiefs or Cowboys fan? It's literally the middle of nowhere.

Your son is a lucky fuger.

I was in the Navy but stationed on Anderson AFB on Guam. AFB's are about 4000000000000000x better than Naval bases. I know that you were in the Navy CWG so be happy that he is not stationed in a poo-hole.

The only thing about the AF is that their idea of a party is getting together and grilling some hotdogs and drinking Smirnoff Ices until about 2130 and turning in. Hopefully there is a contingent of Naval personell there to show him how to become a true Naval Alchoholic.

He is going to hate them. He's lived in Charlotte all his life. I went to Nebraska once in July, and I could still feel some of the remnants of winter.

Our fear is that he is going to get latched onto by some girl who has never been out of Nebraska in her life, and either get her pregnant and marry for necessity, or get married and be convinced to stay in that godforsaken place. I guess if you are from Nebraska you could be a Bears, Vikings, Chiefs or Cowboys fan? It's literally the middle of nowhere.

Don't worry, there are no chicks in Nebraska. Only fat dudes with tits.

I was thinking along the same lines, and I am happy as hell that they are not sending him to Afganistan or Iraq - at least not yet. He was one of three people in his class of 60 that qualified expert M-16 and I was worried someone would think that would be a great reason to send him over there. Of course, the military being what it is, he is getting sent in the opposite direction.

Smirnoff Ices LOL

My friends son joined the Navy to be a cop. The Navy sends their cops to the Air Force police school. Now he's got his orders....and for some inexplicable reason the Navy is sending him to an Air Force Base to guard B-52's.

It's in Nebraska - I am assuming that it's Offutt south of Omaha but I am not sure - is there another B-52 base in Nebraska?

I hope not, at least Omaha is kind of a city...

Offut is home to Stratcom, which a joint command. At one point, they even had an admiral running it. Bet the Air Force guys loved that. :)

I seriously doubt he would be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan. While there are some Navy personnel in those spots, the numbers are relatively small.

Most are Packers or Vikings from what I can tell.

Don't worry, there are no chicks in Nebraska. Only fat dudes with tits.

Not true at all. UNL has pretty significant talent.

Most are vikings fans (ex is from Nebraska)

Be prepared to watch college football no matter what else is on. Nebraska will be winning 10000000000 to 0 and the most important event in the world will be on TV and those fuggers wont change the channel.

Archived