• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Add me to the list of Huddle dads

CharlotteBeer.com

All good advice, definitely consider the cost effective route. My son, who is now 3, wore Huggies, my daughter, 15 months, wear Sam's club brand. Wipes are something you will never have enough of, I have 2 travel packs in my truck, and a container in almost every room in the house. Dont buy them a bunch of toys, they just play with the boxes.. J/k, family and friends have given my kids more than they play with. Get some sleep now!!! Buy a crib that can grow with the child, and install a camera in their room so you can check on them when ever you want without having to disturb them. Nothing worse than the sound of the doorknob turning ending their nap early. Buy 2 books now -What to Expect When You're Expecting for her, and So Youre Going to be a Dad for you... Not tryin to overload you, but I was where you are not too long ago... Congradulations!

Here's ebay's stuff, get it early...

I go to sams all the time...but not for diapers and wipes...my wife buys diapers online cheaper than sams club!!

I haven't changed a diaper in over a year!!!! YAY!!! I almost forgot what it was like.

oh and have lots of sex...because once the baby comes your going to be shiit outta luck.

You just gotta figure out a new routine. Plus it can be kind of fun sneaking off and fitting in a quicky.

You just gotta figure out a new routine. Plus it can be kind of fun sneaking off and fitting in a quicky.

ya, problem is by the end of her day of taking care of the baby she is exhausted and not in a quicky kind of mood...maybe its cause im fat...I dunno hahahahaha

oh...and be prepared to have lots and lots of fun...maybe not so much in the first 6 or 8 months when all they do is eat, sleep and poo, and not always in that order...but once they have aged a little...

Hawk is right, too. Right before they hit their 1st birthday is when their personality comes out, or thats when mine started... Cat is on point once again, she will learn to love quickies. But pregnant sex! I almost miss it...Almost.

Congrats Man!

There are a lot of things I can say but I think the most important is for you to be patient (as Epi stated) and remember all kids are unique. I am expecting Pantha-San #9 this November and no 2 are alike. This will come in handy when you get around other parents (especially the newer braggy ones) and you hear things like "Suzy is so smart, she is only 10 months and helped Daddy build a nuclear time travel machine." Yadda yadda yadda.

All kids develop at the speed which suits them. They will eat when and what their body needs and they will get potty trained when they are good and ready. You just gotta make sure you are there when they need you.

There is no pill to take or book to read that will make you a great parent. It is a learning process and the best you can do is wing it and make sure the child knows that above all, you love them unconditionally.

Good luck, my friend.

Pregnant sex?

Pffft.

This vasectomy sex is teh shizzle.

I'm like an irresponsible kid again. Minus the washboard abs and endurance of a thoroughbred, of course.

Anyway, Pantha-san is spot on with the individual stuff.

Man, my kids are so different. Having to learn all new buttons to push is tough, but it needs to be done.

And did I mention....have fun? It really is fun! A lot of work, but really great times.

Archived