• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iphone or Droid. Help!

jbland

Someone convince me why I even need a smart phone. Wife and I are going to get a new phones today and I have no intention of paying an additional 29.95 for a data plan. I sit in front of a computer all day and have 3 pcs at home I don't see a need to get all that on my phone but she of course sees it as a necessity.

well i already pay $15 for a data plan, and phones i upgrade to only require at leas a $15 data plan, which i already have, so no extra cost to me

Someone convince me why I even need a smart phone. Wife and I are going to get a new phones today and I have no intention of paying an additional 29.95 for a data plan. I sit in front of a computer all day and have 3 pcs at home I don't see a need to get all that on my phone but she of course sees it as a necessity.

You would be surprised at how much you use it....I was. The apps are great...it is fun and very useful. Your wife is right. Loosed that wallet up a bit.

I love my droid. Good battery life and very powerful. Plenty of space for music.The GPS is outstanding.

Bluetooth through the droid doesn't seem as strong as the iphone. Head to head, the iphone was a lot louder.

Physical keyboard is great.

Head to head Droid is faster on wi-fi but not on 3G, at least in my quick little nerd test with one of my friends. But that probably changes a lot.

Archived