• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iphone or Droid. Help!

jbland

Alright, I am in the market for a new phone and need help deciding which one I am going to get. I am currently with ATT and have the iPhone 3g but am probably going to switch to Verizon and get either the droid x, or droid 2.

What would you do? iPhone 4, Droid X, or the Droid 2?

Since you asked... I would go Droid. I've heard of too many problems with AT&T... I also personally prefer the Droid X to the iPhone, although they are both great phones.

Thanks, what about droid X v. droid 2?

Thanks, what about droid X v. droid 2?

Some info here...

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/07/19/motorola-droid-x-vs-droid-2-specs-compared/

The Droid X is a new phone, large screen, fast processor, etc.

The Droid 2 is going to be more of an update to the original Droid.

It may be prudent to wait until the Droid 2 comes out and go see them both. That's what I may do.

Some info here...

http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/07/19/motorola-droid-x-vs-droid-2-specs-compared/

The Droid X is a new phone, large screen, fast processor, etc.

The Droid 2 is going to be more of an update to the original Droid.

It may be prudent to wait until the Droid 2 comes out and go see them both. That's what I may do.

Ive been doing a lot of research on both but I was more asking for an opinion. I think I like the X, as I dont care about the keyboard. One thing I havent seen yet is the battery life for the droid 2. X's life sucks, but Ive been told the droid 1 battery life was really good.

Sorry, my only opinions at this point are based on what I've read online... I haven't actually played with the iPhone4, Droid X or Droid 2 in person yet.

I won't consider the iPhone due to the AT&T thing and the Droid 2 doesn't come out until like mid-August, so what do you do but wait?

Ive been doing a lot of research on both but I was more asking for an opinion. I think I like the X, as I dont care about the keyboard. One thing I havent seen yet is the battery life for the droid 2. X's life sucks, but Ive been told the droid 1 battery life was really good.

I have the Droid I (A855) and like anything else electronic, battery life depends on what you do with it. I have gone as long as about 2.5 days between charges, sometimes I have to charge twice a day (morning and night). My brother has an iPhone 3GS and he told me he has to charge pretty much every day too.

I have the Droid I (A855) and like anything else electronic, battery life depends on what you do with it. I have gone as long as about 2.5 days between charges, sometimes I have to charge twice a day (morning and night). My brother has an iPhone 3GS and he told me he has to charge pretty much every day too.

Advance Task Killer helps with that. I am debating weather to get the droid X or wait for droid 2. I like my A855 but want something newer.

Sorry, my only opinions at this point are based on what I've read online... I haven't actually played with the iPhone4, Droid X or Droid 2 in person yet.

I won't consider the iPhone due to the AT&T thing and the Droid 2 doesn't come out until like mid-August, so what do you do but wait?

Pretty much where I am as well. Ive had ATT for 10 years but their service at the beach sucks and there 3g in eastern NC is non-existent.

Archived