• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for all pink slipping Jake fans

carolinaAl

Does anybody know how good Matt Moore is? I know he did OK in a few games last season, but other than that, we really don't know much about him.

That not the case with other teams that have made tough QB decisions in the past? IMHO, Delhomme is or has passed the curve and should be held accountable - he's a great leader and no one is doubting his will power or heart to win. He's probably just not all that talented maybe, I dunno. Regardless, he's getting older; we need a younger QB; lets go get one already.

I've always considered myself a Jake supporter. This season began to turn me though and the Arizona disaster finished the job. Jake's biggest problem is that he just doesn't see the field. Dare I say he just isn't as sharp as the elite QB's in the league. Brees, Manning, Rivers, and hell even some rookies seem to have instant recoginition of open recievers. Delhomme just doesn't seem to be able to process the field quickly enough. A number of times this year I found myself thinking this. Many of the games we won I felt like we won in spite of Jake's play or lack thereof. I can't help but wonder what this team would have looked like Saturday with Warner throwing for us instead of AZ.

Jakes biggest asset is Steve Smith. He just throws up prayers and Smith makes miracles happen.

I also blame the coaches, because any other QB in the league that turns the ball over that many times gets benched.

As for who to put back there at QB, it does take skill to turn the ball over that often. I don't know if there are any QBs that have that kind of talent.

Jakes biggest asset is Steve Smith. He just throws up prayers and Smith makes miracles happen.

I also blame the coaches, because any other QB in the league that turns the ball over that many times gets benched.

As for who to put back there at QB, it does take skill to turn the ball over that often. I don't know if there are any QBs that have that kind of talent.

That's what I don't understand about the game the other night. After the second or third INT, why wouldn't you sit Jake for a possession or two? Just to calm him down and get his head back in the game.

Here's a question regarding Jake.What set of circumstances could have been present for him to have succeeded this year? Had a top three running game,great receiving core and an O-coordinator that didn't call a draw-play on every 3rd and long we faced. He is who the entire NFL thought he was,an OVERACHIEVER. I loved Jake as our Q.B,his class,his moxie,his toughness.I was wrong about him,but the blinders are off now.We need a new Q.B and if Fox needs another year to realize this, then we need another Head coach too.

Jake is a great leader and seems like a nice guy....but he is an average QB.

I've been an avid supporter of him since the day he replaced Rodney Peete in our '03 season but he is like a lawn sprinkler.....sometimes he is on...sometimes off.....the Panthers have to find a franchise qb in the offseason.

Are there any Matt Cassels hiding on somebodies bench we don't know about.

But therein lies the rub: you don't know if you've got a Matt Cassel on the bench until that person--through injury or the poor performance of another--is called on to play.

So really, who can honestly say if Matt Moore is capable of leading the team. I'm of the impression that his showings last year suggest he can do no worse than Delhomme.

We've got a good offensive line and a great running game, the two things that allow rookie or inexperienced quarterbacks to flourish. Let's at least give him a chance next season. I'm not saying Jake should be handed the starting job, but it should be an open competition.

Even the great Brett Favre's team drafted his replacement YEARS before his last game with them.

Yes.. but it was also right place and right time in draft..

For all of you who suggest beginning to groom a replacement? How do you do that when you have no 1st round pick and you have more glaring needs than at QB. DE, DT, OL (should Gross go elsewhere), CB, and then QB should be the priorities in my opinion. (You CANNOT bank on a trade for a 1st rounder, or even 2nd rounder for that matter). The defense was the weakest link this year. Def. Coord. aside, that's where we need to improve the most on this off-season considering Peps likely departure. Offenses will have a field day on our defense next year if that is not addressed, especially considering the way our DC likes to call plays. He better have the athletes in place in order for our D to be successful. Right now, they're not. Lucas is past his prime, Marshall is a head-case, Pep is out, Maake is overrated as all he does is take up space - rarely does he make plays, Lewis is past his prime, Diggs is nearing the end, and Brayton/Johnson/Taylor are all question marks. Thank goodness for Godfrey, Harris, and Gamble (who can be less than stellar a lot of the time too), Beason, and Davis.

So, best case scenario, say BPA gives us a chance at a QB in rounds 2-5. Who is out there to get to groom? Riddle me that.

If you want a quick fix, and Fox is DEFINITELY into quick fixes, obviously, you sign a FA. Warner would work well... I can't remember the others out there, but there are QBs that would work..

Something needs to happen with Delhomme. I think he is capable of being our starter, but he need to be held accountable for his season this year. Sure, we were 12-4, but without our out-of-this-world running game, we would be a .500 team or worse. Jake Delhomme may be the only QB in the league allowed to throw 3 pick in a game, 4 picks in another, and 5 picks in a playoff loss that would keep their starting job the next year without any sort of pressure. And personally, I don't think that is a good thing. Someone needs to compete for his job.

Archived