• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Tillman Story

Jbro

Purity-Control - Unusual decision yes, but that gives this story what "Entertainment Value" IMO thats the angle that is being used to sensationalize this story.

It wouldn't be the first time the military has lied to families of fallen soliders.

I don't know what this movie hopes to accomplish.

Tillman died a hero period.[/

I can tell you some of the BS stories they (the Gubment) would tell. Against orders, we made sure the families of our buddies knew the truth on the sly. It would crush my heart to hear the Moms cry all over again but you could see the prideful tears from both Mom and Dad. We had all agreed that we would do that for eachother.

I totally agree with the last line. Any fallen serviceman is a hero...

Wait are you a Miami fan now that USC turned out to be a fraud this past decade? It's hard to keep up.

Go back to the Tinderbox, ye yellow bellied Sapp sucker.

I looked at the Top 20 the other day. Didn't see one team other than USC I care about. Not one. Unless Kentucky surprises.

I listened to part of an interview with Tillman's mom. Its interesting that she said her book was not an attack on the government, or the military, or a particular party. Instead she just wanted to ensure the truth came out.

Its interesting to see how many here blame "the goverment" for covering up how Pat Tillman died. "The government" didn't cover up anything, nor did the Army. That makes it seem as if its the policy of the military to coverup all friendly fire incidents, when nothing could be further from the truth. The military has admitted to numerous friendly fire incidents over the years, including shooting down some british attack aircraft by mistake.

Individuals made a decision to coverup how he died. Some individuals made a decision to violate regulations and mislead their superiors. And those individuals are the ones who the anger should be directed at.

Originally Posted by Davidson Deac II

I listened to part of an interview with Tillman's mom

listened to part of an interview with Tillman's mom. Its interesting that she said her book was not an attack on the government, or the military, or a particular party. Instead she just wanted to ensure the truth came out.

Its interesting to see how many here blame "the goverment" for covering up how Pat Tillman died. "The government" didn't cover up anything, nor did the Army. That makes it seem as if its the policy of the military to coverup all friendly fire incidents, when nothing could be further from the truth. The military has admitted to numerous friendly fire incidents over the years, including shooting down some british attack aircraft by mistake.

Individuals made a decision to coverup how he died. Some individuals made a decision to violate regulations and mislead their superiors. And those individuals are the ones who the anger should be directed at.

How can you comment that much when you only listened to part of it?

Common Sense?

How can you comment that much when you only listened to part of it?

The interview on NPR was about 20 minutes long and I caught about half of it during lunch today. For most of the interview, she talked about her son, why he joined, and what she believed happened the day he was killed. There was very little criticism of the military in the part I heard.

But not all of my comments were based on the interview.

Archived