• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How come it's "only preseason" when bigwigs talk about our defense but

Pox 08

Probably for the same reason Peppers is the best there ever was when he was on the Panthers but he isn't worth his contract when he goes to the Bears. Biases can alter reality very quickly. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. National guys suck each other off, and when they've decided that we're rebuilding and we're gonna suck this year, they'll point out whatever they can to support their argument.

Probably for the same reason Peppers is the best there ever was when he was on the Panthers but he isn't worth his contract when he goes to the Bears. Biases can alter reality very quickly. It's all in the eyes of the beholder. National guys suck each other off, and when they've decided that we're rebuilding and we're gonna suck this year, they'll point out whatever they can to support their argument.

Peppers wasn't worth his contract the past few years as a Panther either.

Peppers is not a bad player. He will make the Bears DLine better. However, his inconsistent play and games where he disappears is NOT worth $20 million a year.

I would take the Hardy/Brown combination over Peppers any day of the week....and they are a fraction of the cost.

Here's the reality of it...

Preseason is handled differently by different teams each year. You never know if the preseason results are indicative of anything or not. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. So just about every team is a question mark for a few weeks of the regular season. In fact, sometimes teams are question marks into the POST Season.

The "experts" can't tell the future.... they are just guessing like everyone else. Thing that makes them the "experts" is that they are supposed to have more knowledge about the football world than us as fans. This isn't always true either tho.

Peppers is not a bad player. He will make the Bears DLine better. However, his inconsistent play and games where he disappears is NOT worth $20 million a year.

I would take the Hardy/Brown combination over Peppers any day of the week....and they are a fraction of the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%. I was simply making an observation. Nobody I know that watches football knows who Matt Moore even is, so they think I'm an uber-homer when I say our QB isn't as bad as people think. Again, it's all relative to who's looking at the situation.

What we saw Defense wise was our team making plays in a BASE defense. Pressure with 4 against their 5+1 Shedding Blockers, making the tackle, sound technique. That's what makes our defense good. It's a defense that requires the extra effort by the other team and that is everything.

Our Offense is our running game and needs to be our running game so that teams respect that more than the pass. Once teams feel the need to devote more to stop our run, we can go with the play-action passing game. Something we didn't do in the preseason. We never got any rhythm going in the preseason running the ball. It was all run pass pass. DeAngelo only got 20 carries all of preseason.

Archived