• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The "Jeff Davidson sucks" mantra.

SmootsDaddy89

Sure I wanted to run when we got on the 4 yard line with Stewart pounding it, but you forgot to mention that earlier we had first and goal and ran it 3 times in a row and got stuffed. So the next time we passed. They were putting 10 folks within 1 yard of the line on those plays. Our problem wasn't passing but calling stupid pass plays with little chance of success. The problem isn't passing in my mind so much as being predictable that other teams know exactly what you are doing.

Yeah, passing too much is just a symptom. The problem sports a nifty goatee, watches the game from on high, and drinks diet pepsi. :)

Sure I wanted to run when we got on the 4 yard line with Stewart pounding it, but you forgot to mention that earlier we had first and goal and ran it 3 times in a row and got stuffed. So the next time we passed. They were putting 10 folks within 1 yard of the line on those plays. Our problem wasn't passing but calling stupid pass plays with little chance of success. The problem isn't passing in my mind so much as being predictable that other teams know exactly what you are doing.

This really is the time we should bring out 2 or three TEs. What I dont understand is we use our TEs in our territory but ditch them when in the Giants. I would load up a big set with Jarrett and a TE on the other side with King and Barnidge on the corners. That would be hell of a confusing formation with 5 yards or less to the end zone.

No matter how good you are being predictable is going to kill you. Thats why the Pats are so good. You never know what the hell they are going to do. Also goes for the Saints as well.

This really is the time we should bring out 2 or three TEs. What I dont understand is we use our TEs in our territory but ditch them when in the Giants. I would load up a big set with Jarrett and a TE on the other side with King and Barnidge on the corners. That would be hell of a confusing formation with 5 yards or less to the end zone.

No matter how good you are being predictable is going to kill you. Thats why the Pats are so good. You never know what the hell they are going to do. Also goes for the Saints as well.

Exactly. If we lined up in a jumbo set with 2 TEs and the receivers in close, did play action and threw it to Barnidge sneaking out on the opposite side of the action it should work all day long. With his size and hands it wouldn't matter who lined up to cover him. We should be able to lob it in all day.

Is there at least a chance that Davidson could assure Matt that he'll get protection up the wazzoo from a OL/backs that wants to totally play their MO...protect the guy and give him no missed coverage against the defense!

Jeff has the Buck Stops Here official desk fob and that is what he's paid for!

we didn't exactly get stuffed. Williams had a very nice hole and got tripped up....NY got pretty lucky there. Remember the commentators being amazed but the lucky/break tackle. Replay that scenario and Williams would get in the majority of the time.

No excuse not to give Stewart 3 carries from 4 yards out. He can get those 4 yards the overwhelming majority of the time.

When we can overpower folks, Davidson looks great. When the D challenges him and running doesn't work, he becomes defensive and predictable. Under his guidance, we have not developed QBs or WRs. Can he take credit for the OL when we have 2 first rounders (top 20) at T, a second rounder at C, a third rounder at G. Can you credit him for the RBs? 2 first rounders? All that was not giftwrapped for JD is QB, RG, FB, and WR.

QUestions: How many WRs have we brought in since he has been here?

Where is the QB growth since you and your buddy Scherer arrived (not together)?

Why are the TEs underachieving?

WHy do you wear a sweatband in the booth?

The identity of a running team is run the f'in thing until you wear out the defense and it starts working. This "run and if its not working lets just pass" BS is just piss poor strategy and wreaks of identity confusion.

and that identity has pretty much become obsolete in today's league. running for 150 yards every single game is impossible and every time the panthers offense doesn't get the run going nothing gets going

I know the panthers and Fox win the nostalgic sentimental crowd over by playing that "good ol' football run that football like muh daddy used to watch dat pigskin on tha tele in good ol' amurkah" but it's a useless philosophy today and all that fancy highlight reel poo we like to call passing is a more critical part of the offense now than ever before

defenses can't get worn out like they used to because there is much more good depth and talent than there used to be and as a result your starting defense has more energy in the fourth quarter today than 20 years ago.

Exactly. If we lined up in a jumbo set with 2 TEs and the receivers in close, did play action and threw it to Barnidge sneaking out on the opposite side of the action it should work all day long. With his size and hands it wouldn't matter who lined up to cover him. We should be able to lob it in all day.

The sad part is we can come up with this poo. I mean I will be the first one to say I am not qualified to be a OC but I can make that up.

Davidson has more weapons then Henning ever had and he still cant put all the peaces together. I mean damn. You have 4 solid RB, a Pro bowl WR, 3 good TEs, and two young but good QBs. Now you can say Davidson didnt make Moore pass into triple coverage and you would be right but he also didnt give him a run game or hide any pass play. Even Payton Manning has picks when under the pressure Moore was in and he is a young QB unlike Manning. If you dont believe me look at the Pats playoff games or last years SB.

One thing Payton Manning,Brees, and Tom Brady all have is protection. If they have nothing else its protection.....

We had a paltry 3.5 ypc running average with our two RB's halfway through the third quarter. At that time we had more running plays called then passing.

The next series they got a ten yard sack on first down and we were forced to pass.

The series after that we were down two touchdowns with eleven minutes left in the foruth quarter.

Its not like we inexusably abandoned the run. It wasnt working, and when we stoped using it it was when we pretty much had to if we wanted a shot.

Archived