• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need to clear some cap room.

Highlandfire

Peppers will be franchised which will take up all the cap room we have and then some. Then we need to re sign Gross and have 4+ million just to sign draft picks.

So who gets re structured and who gets cut? Delhomme MUST get re structured or cut one way or the other but I think that only frees up about 6 million, still need more. So who gets the axe?

Note: as soon as peppers signs with another team we get that cap room back but we still need room to franchise him and sign free agents.

Alright, Pep is franchised.

Pep is traded to raiders for 1st and 3rd round pick.

We draft Aaron Maybin or Brian Orakpo. If Stafford slips to us, consider taking him.

Gross is resigned. Offensive line is still beastly then.

With Pep gone, cap room allows us to pick up a free agent like, Nhamdi Asomugha.

Defense looks like:

LE: Charles Johnson/Tyler Brayton

DT: Maake Kemeoatu

DT: Damione Lewis

RE: Aaron Maybin/Brian Orakpo

ROLB: Thomas Davis

MLB: Jon Beason

LOLB: Nai'll Diggs

CB: Nhamdi Asomugha

FS: Charles Godfrey

SS: Chris Harris

CB: Chris Gamble

NB: Richard Marshall

We draft Aaron Maybin or Brian Orakpo. If Stafford slips to us, consider taking him.

With Pep gone, cap room allows us to pick up a free agent like, Nhamdi Asomugha.

Defense looks like:

SO.... basically we trade pep for aso, AND a 1st and 3rd rounder? i wanna dream too.

Peppers will be franchised which will take up all the cap room we have and then some. Then we need to re sign Gross and have 4+ million just to sign draft picks.

So who gets re structured and who gets cut? Delhomme MUST get re structured or cut one way or the other but I think that only frees up about 6 million, still need more. So who gets the axe?

Note: as soon as peppers signs with another team we get that cap room back but we still need room to franchise him and sign free agents.

I don't think a franchised player's projected salary counts against the cap until he actually signs the offer sheet. He could reject the tag, not play and not get paid. Therefore, no cap hit until he accepts the tag.

Defense looks like:

stick to madden

we have 10 million in cap before pep and gross. Just to sign pep to a franchise tag we would have to cut lucas (nearly 10 million cap hit next season) Restructure Delhomme, cut landon johnson, hackett. Sign Gross and then trade pep, use our extra money on a de or dt in FA and a couple of mid to low tier guys then draft who ever we don't pick up in FA.

Cowboys traded a 1st, 3rd and 6th for Roy Williams.. KC got a 1 and two #3's for Jared Allen.. Expecting a 1st and 3rd for Peppers is realistic..

I agree and think it will be a HIGH first as well which bodes well. Depending on who is there I trade down, still get a DE I want and pick up more draft picks.

we have 10 million in cap before pep and gross. Just to sign pep to a franchise tag we would have to cut lucas (nearly 10 million cap hit next season) Restructure Delhomme, cut landon johnson, hackett. Sign Gross and then trade pep, use our extra money on a de or dt in FA and a couple of mid to low tier guys then draft who ever we don't pick up in FA.

That sounds like a plan to me!

Archived