• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hereby ban myself....

Samuel L. Jackson

I realize that even if we get players with "fire", it will be extinguished by our sh*tty coaching staff and we'll have to eventually get rid of them too.

Fixed.

That was mentioned in what you were supposed to be "fixing"... But I do agree.

Now that I have stirred over the situation for the entire day today, I thought I would return for just a moment to check this thread and share some thoughts...

Maybe I am overreacting a little, because I was blindsided..

I do have a "source" but I can never share it, but I can say that until Carey's comments today, this was completely the opposite of what was expected.. I guess that is what troubles me the most.. I don't know what flipped the switch..

If we have to continue on without Pep, a thing which like I mentioned has blindsided me, then so be it...

I have always felt that Pep was the main reason for any success we had on Defense, due to the sheer attention that he draws... However...

Maybe part of our problems have been being content with having him on the field. Maybe it has allowed us to be a little slack at times, hoping that he would remove that slack.

Honestly, I think we can survive with Brayton and Johnson right now. I mean hell, they were on the field a lot this season, and really I didn't notice much of a change when Pep was off the field.. That is a good sign... We still have Beason, the heart of our Defense now (and possibly has been), Kemo is still doing his thing, and Lewis stepped up as well... We still have Smitty.. We still have the best 1-2 punch at RB in the league, and are one Pro Bowl Left Tackle re-signing away from returning a line that did a solid job for the most part... Moose should be back, my boy Jarrett has shown even more promise, and at least Jake can get us 12 wins...

I guess I have invested too much emotion into players such as Pep... I always felt like he would be one of those one guys to step up big and get us that Super Bowl win I have been dying for in '95...

As I reflect on past seasons, this most recent one honestly has given me more hope than doubt... Sure, there were down times, but we accomplished a lot considering we were a year removed of trading away a Pro Bowl defensive lineman...

So for now, I will have to just trust the organization and hope it isn't run into the ground without any sense of direction.. Honestly, the past two Saturdays had given me that feeling, but the more I accept where we are heading, the more I can begin to get over it....

To those with smartass comments.. whatever motherfugers.. I will be back..

Carolina Panthers until the day that I die...

Spread my ashes on the 50 yard line...

SLJ

I will be back.. Probably after the official end to this NFL season...

I guess I have invested too much emotion into players such as Pep... I always felt like he would be one of those one guys to step up big and get us that Super Bowl win I have been dying for in '95...

I will be back.. Probably after the official end to this NFL season...

Welcome back, even briefly. In 2003 we had a guy who stepped up for us in the playoffs. 4 games, 57 tackles and an unbelievable Super Bowl game. That man of course was Dan Morgan. Pep totaled 9 tackles that 4 game post season.

Point is, the Panthers with Pep or without are in excellent hands. We have a player with Morgans' fire now. One Jon Beason will lead us back to the Promised Land. :cheers2:

Sounds like you are changing your tune after all those confident posts in the main Pep thread that he's not going anywhere - mark your words.

So much for that. He has absolutely NO interest in being here - even if we announced today that we are firing Trgo and going to a 3-4 defense. It still wouldn't matter.

Oh well...

I bet The Chin could talk him into saying. The Chin.

For those not concerned...Are you really comfortable with a QB behind center that makes dumbass decisions? Are you comfortable that we're losing our best d-lineman in team history, making our line complete poo now? How about the decline of play for 2 of our top 3 CBs? Oh and not to mention the complete moron calling plays for our defense along with the conservativism of the head coach.

Archived