• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's first game.

mav1234

Unless today was a fluke (and I don't think it was) he is the "future" in Carolina. Period. He looked fairly impressive in the 2nd half. The way he was making adjustments and things like that, looked like he understood what the defense was trying to do. The OL blocking on those last couple drives weren't terrible. Had a couple breakdowns, but the blitzes got picked up and I feel like maybe its credited to the adjustment that Clausen made. Maybe not, but maybe so.

I feel good about it. As long as the Clausen in the 1st half NEVER comes out again. Ever. Cause that looked so much like Moore that it was scary.

He didn't look too hot in the first half. In the second half he looked alright; a whole lot better than Moore did last week. Give him time and he'll be a good quarterback. I liked the 43-yard throw to Lafell and the one in the in-zone that should have been caught. Gettis had some good catches also. The truth is that this team has much bigger problems than quarterback.

Really? No seriously, a WHOLE LOT BETTER?

He looked great, made all of the right throws, he definitely has the "it" factor.

Jimmy is the future of this franchise, and hopefully Fox/Hurney (wishfully thinking) are not part of it.

I agree. He is not going to be good. He is going to be great.

You do realize the rest of us watched the game too, right? He looked and did no better than Moore and did WORSE in the first half. 6 passing yards. 6!

re-read the quote. The post was about how he played in the second half... and he played much, much better than Moore did the previous week in the second half. Obviously, he was terrible in the first half, but he settled down and made some good adjustments...

Moore looked atrocious last week, so yeah, it isn't hard to be a "whole lot better" than him.

Moore has never had a half as bad as 6 passing yards. Again, I stress, 6 passing yards. And that's a fact. Numbers do not lie.

He has exactly just as many touchdowns and just as many turnovers. Where is exactly is the better? His accuracy looked worst than Moore's at times. Moore at least overthrew guys. Jimmy both underthrew AND overthrew.

Even now people can't come to their senses about this guy.

Clausen is the best QB hope we've had in years. He got better as the game went on. I expect him to improve as the year progresses. I do see us starting 0-5 at least though. Oh well, basketball is coming up.

I see that too. Screw basketball season. Bring me Hurricanes hockey!

I'll watch every week (assuming there aren't blackouts in the near future) and hopefully we'll look better each week to give me hope for next season. Not the type of fan to say "screw this, I'm not watching until we win!" but I do want to see improvement. Hell, fire Davidson and Fox, let Clausen, Smith and Williams call the plays and run the offense. That'd be exciting at least.

Moore has never had a half as bad as 6 passing yards. Again, I stress, 6 passing yards. And that's a fact. Numbers do not lie.

He has exactly just as many touchdowns and just as many turnovers. Where is exactly is the better? His accuracy looked worst than Moore's at times. Moore at least overthrew guys. Jimmy both underthrew AND overthrew.

Even now people can't come to their senses about this guy.

I don't care if he had 6 passing yards in the first half, you're arguing the wrong thing.

"He didn't look too hot in the first half. In the second half he looked alright; a whole lot better than Moore did last week."

This is the quote you're arguing. You really think that Moore's performance in TB was better than Clausen's 2nd half this week? ? You're crazy.

Clausen made a lot of mistakes, but his throws looked much crisper. The ball didn't seem to sail on him as much as it did Moore, and Clausen's deep balls were usually put in a place the receiver could make a play on it... He definitely overthrew a couple open receivers, you're right, and especially in the first half he seemed to have the jitters and wasn't setting himself for his throws.

You keep harping on this but we hardly had the ball the entire second quarter and when we did we ran it. "Stats are for losers" especially when you ignore the causes of them.

It was his first gd start. So you're saying Clausen in his first NFL start sucks as much as Moore did after 8 starts? Clausen has a good arm, made some bad decisions at times, but gd; he was playing a top 5 D in soggy ass conditions with SS and 2 rookie receivers. I cant belive he didnt throw for 800 yards and 10 tds!!!!!!

Archived