• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's first game.

mav1234

I don't care if he had 6 passing yards in the first half, you're arguing the wrong thing.

"He didn't look too hot in the first half. In the second half he looked alright; a whole lot better than Moore did last week."

This is the quote you're arguing. You really think that Moore outplayed Clausen's 2nd half performance in TB? You're crazy.

Clausen made a lot of mistakes, but his throws looked much crisper. The ball didn't seem to sail on him as much as it did Moore, and Clausen's deep balls were usually put in a place the receiver could make a play on it... He definitely overthrew a couple open receivers, you're right, and especially in the first half he seemed to have the jitters and wasn't setting himself for his throws.

The f**k they do. I'll give you that Clausen looks better in the pocket, looks more confident, and has better mobility. But his throws DID NOT look good today. That's actually my biggest beef with him. His throwing was below average.

Like I said in the game thread, I don't know if it was the wet ball or because he had the jitters but his throws looked off the entire day. That drive was the only exception, deffinitely not the rule though. And on that drive he only seemed to be able to complete on the side lines. Was I the only one that noticed that?

I'm behind him all the way to start next week, but I certainly don't agree with anyone that's convinced he's the FUTURE OF OUR FRANCHISE based on what you have seen today.

That's really lowering your standards even for Panther fans.

The f**k they do. I'll give you that Clausen looks better in the pocket, looks more confident, and has better mobility. But his throws DID NOT look good today. That's actually my biggest beef with him. His throwing was below average.

Like I said in the game thread, I don't know if it was the wet ball or because he had the jitters but his throws looked off the entire day. That drive was the only exception, deffinitely not the rule though. And on that drive he only seemed to be able to complete on the side lines. Was I the only one that noticed that?

I'm behind him all the way to start next week, but I certainly don't agree with anyone that's convinced he's the FUTURE OF OUR FRANCHISE based on what you have seen today.

You don't think his throws looked much crisper in the second half? Even the commentators made mention of it, lol. Yeah he looked terrible in the first half but honestly, his performance today has me hopeful for the rest of the season. As I said, it's too early to call him "the future", but you can't ignore his VAST improvement from first half to second half.

You don't think his throws looked much crisper in the second half? Even the commentators made mention of it, lol. Yeah he looked terrible in the first half but honestly, his performance today has me hopeful for the rest of the season. As I said, it's too early to call him "the future", but you can't ignore his VAST improvement from first half to second half.

In comparison to what? The first half? Yes, but that shouldn't mean anything.

Matt? fug no they didn't. And like I said, why can he only complete passes on the sidelines but not in the middle? Am I the only one that finds that a bit worrysome? That's a fuging problem.

Moore has never had a half as bad as 6 passing yards. Again, I stress, 6 passing yards. And that's a fact. Numbers do not lie.

He has exactly just as many touchdowns and just as many turnovers. Where is exactly is the better? His accuracy looked worst than Moore's at times. Moore at least overthrew guys. Jimmy both underthrew AND overthrew.

Even now people can't come to their senses about this guy.

Your boy lost his spot. It's not a conspiracy, it's not coaching bias, it's because with 4 years in the system, he came out and poo the bed through 2 games. Not only was he bad, he showed absolutely nothing to suggest he progressed in any reasonable metric.

Like I said earlier, Clausen is a 23 year old rookie, starting his first game, in the rain, against a really good defense, and the absolute worst thing you can say about him is he didn't look any better than Matt Moore.

Questions for you. Why does the line look better now at pass protection? Why were the sack and int totals down? Why do screen passes work now, magically, when they didn't through the first two games?

Anyways, continue being invested in disliking Clausen.

Bengals are a very tough team for a rookie qb to get his first start against.

I thought he showed great potential in there. I'm actually excited to see the kid evolve as the year goes on. I can handle losing as long as it's with a rookie qb that is trying to learn from his mistakes and slowly get better, opposed to losing with a 3yr vet at qb.

I agree with you. I have been impressed though with some of the things I have seen out of him. Bottom line....He needs to get better

This is the main reason I believe we should have played Moore longer and allowed Jimmy to learn. The missed blitz pick up, blindside hit he had in the second half could have been avoided. Those are the types of things that cause happy feet in the pocket and can stifle development. I don't think its worth sacrificing a future QB to try to keep butts in the seat and money in the owners pocket. Anyone who thinks benching Moore for Clausen was John Fox's decision hasn't been paying attention.

Your boy lost his spot. It's not a conspiracy, it's not coaching bias, it's because with 4 years in the system, he came out and poo the bed through 2 games. Not only was he bad, he showed absolutely nothing to suggest he progressed in any reasonable metric.

Like I said earlier, Clausen is a 23 year old rookie, starting his first game, in the rain, against a really good defense, and the absolute worst thing you can say about him is he didn't look any better than Matt Moore.

Questions for you. Why does the line look better now at pass protection? Why were the sack and int totals down? Why do screen passes work now, magically, when they didn't through the first two games?

Anyways, continue being invested in disliking Clausen.

Matt's not my boy. But neither is Clausen. I am not against Clausen I'm against all the people that want to see NOTHING wrong in him and everythign wrong in the others. And again, I defended Clausen on being a rookie.

In his defense, I also think he played a LOT WORSE than last week.

I SUPPORT him in continuing to being our starter. Just like I thought benching Matt was unfair, I think it would be a mistake to bench Jimmy and not give him more chances.

I just have a problem with anyone saying he's shown enough to be considered the FUTURE OF THE FRANCHISE and that he's CLEARLY BETTER than Moore.

Neither one of those thigns are true based on what we have seen today.

Who said nothing was wrong with this play? Damn dude, put down the Hateraid. No one is saying he didn't screw up some, but it was his first start, in the rain, against a very good D. The biggest thing is those fumbled snaps are not excusable, but I would bet that will be worked on this week. All we are saying is we see a silver lining to a cloud.

Who said nothing was wrong with this play? Damn dude, put down the Hateraid. No one is saying he didn't screw up some, but it was his first start, in the rain, against a very good D. The biggest thing is those fumbled snaps are not excusable, but I would bet that will be worked on this week. All we are saying is we see a silver lining to a cloud.

And again, I agree with you and give him that. But why are we then calling him much better than Matt and the Future of the Franchise based on what we saw?

Let's just call him what he is. A rookie who made a bunch of rookie mistakes and looks on par with the rest of the guys we tried. He has potential, but that is all. None of that potential was shown today. It remains to be seen wether he does if he gets the chance. It sounds like fug head might pull him wrongly just like he did Matt.

I thought Clausen played pretty good today. Name the last time a rookie played lights out in the rain, against arguably the best corner tandem in the league, with little receiver help, and a terrible o-line. He looked good in the second half and Lafell should have caught that touchdown (the first one).

His int was more of a great play by Leon Hall than a bad throw. Had Smith caught it, it would have been a TD.

Archived