• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Carolina's First pick they select...

Ricky Spanish

I hope we trade our high first round pick for a mid first and a 2nd or a mid/late first and a player ( if so what player in addition with the mid to late first?)... what is the probability of that happening?

I would like an OL with a mid first pick, and a WR for the player

or

(trading down for a second of course) a DT in the first and a WR or DB with the second.

If we change to the 34 defense, then we will assuredly be taking a Dlineman. I don't think there are any NT's worth taking with a top 10 pick, but Cameron Heyward out of Ohio State could be the next Richard Seymour. Something Bill Cowher may covet.

I also believe Robert Quinn will be the next Demarcus Ware for a 34 defense.

If we change to the 34 defense, then we will assuredly be taking a Dlineman. I don't think there are any NT's worth taking with a top 10 pick, but Cameron Heyward out of Ohio State could be the next Richard Seymour. Something Bill Cowher may covet.

I also believe Robert Quinn will be the next Demarcus Ware for a 34 defense.

I hope we stay with a 4-3

Would love to aquire a starting WR through free agency, then be able to draft the best available CB or DL. Prince Amukamara and Peterson are supposed to be the top corners, and would love to have either, while Marcell Darius might be a top 15 pick at DT.

Would be nice if Richardson is feeling himself after a victory in getting more money for the owners in the CBA situation and decides to treat himself and splurge on both a starting WR and DLineman, like Vincent Jackson, if he hasnt signed elsewhere, AND Haloti Ngata, if he hasnt been franchised. That would be sweet. That way we could maybe trade down, load up on picks and take truly BPA.

I just hope Marty Hurney doesnt wig out this draft like he's done the past two years and trade a future pick for a player that he falls in love with. Not mad about aquiring Goodson and Brown, even though Brown still hasnt panned out, but last year was horrible, though I hope Edwards can contribute something. Someday.

Grabbing one of these talented WRs with our #1 would be amazing. But we just invested 3 draft picks in that position last year. Let them develop and see how they do the rest of the season. We need to address our D. Picking up a DT like Marcell Dareus add some presence to the middle of the DL or a CB like Peterson or Amukamara to pair with Gamble would go along way for our young defense. I wouldnt be opposed to trading down and picking up extra picks either.

We have never had so many holes on our team.. usually the biggest hole is clear cut, but this year we could go in several directions. CB, DT, WR, hell you could even make a case for RG, or Safety or OLB with Thomas Davis tearing his 2nd acl.

Not in the top 10, you can't.

I am one of those who thinks we will turn it around and go 7-9 or so.. I am not too convinced we will have a top 10 pick (even though it's likely at this point). I have confidence in Clausen that we will get it turned around, and he will only get better and better as the season goes. I may currently be in denial, I haven't figured that part out yet. But I agree, those 3 positions shouldn't be taken with a top 10 pick.

Yeah, I'm in the group that says its much easier to trade or get a good to great WR then it is to get any other position. I wouldn't complain if we drafted Green but I would probably prefer guys like Quinn or Peterson were off the board if we were to take him.

My top two choices are Quinn and Peterson. My head says go DL and get Quinn, two total freaks like Hardy and Quinn as the future at DE for us is scary for other teams to say the least. My heart however says Peterson, physically hes probably the freakiest CB to ever go into the NFL. Hes like what Antonio Cromartie was a couple years ago but hes stronger and better, if you guys remember Chris McCalister the excellent CB for the Ravens a few years back I've seen Peterson compared to him the most. Also in the return game he is elite, hes like a combination of Hester and Asomugha and I would love to watch him play his career here, hes a big time playmaker...Gamble and Peterson would be ridiculous especially if we were to get Leslie Frazier as coach whose built his rep as a defensive secondary guy.

Quinn and Hardy would be a scary duo but a DT that can collapse the pocket would also help Hardy and Brown out. Peterson is a freak at CB and would probably be our best option. Beside Marcell Dareus there isn't a DT worth taking unless it's from the bottom of the 1st and on.

Archived