• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Carolina's First pick they select...

Ricky Spanish

it's really hard to predict what the new coaching staff and possibly general manager (though I think hurney hangs around) will value.

if for example they were to get a guy like brian schottenheimer (and hopefully his dad to DC) i could see them going AJ Green.

however, if they get someone like Leslie Frazier from Minnesota, it'd almost certainly be the BPA b/w DT and CB. Marshall is gone after this year, and they haven't had consistent pressure up the middle since Jenkins decided he didn't give a f**k.

I really like that lost post.

I personally think we take Patrick Peterson or AJ Green (or another SOLID WR talent). Obviously, as previously stated, Marshall is gone (he's a nickle corner, at best). Munnerlyn is a nickle. Period. And he's better at nickle than Marshall, which is WHY he is gone. And clearly, we need talent at the WR position. Also, I believe I called the Clausen/Gettis chemistry last week after Clausen was named the starter, and it seemed today that my assessment may be accurate. Regardless, Gettis's ceiling is #2, and that's with high hopes. Slot receiver is probably more accurate, and we need somebody who can replace Smith eventually and complement him at the time right now.

So, now the flip side. If we DON'T do what I stated in the above paragraph, we take DL. Whether or not its DE or DT, we need help at both, so either is fine by me. Personally, I think we need solid, consistent DT play more than anything (especially at the 3 technique, or for those of you who don't understand, the DT that plays outside shoulder of the guard). Hardy is a solid pass rusher, as is Brown. I think Hardy could be easier to groom as a run stopper as well than Brown, given Hardy is a little bigger than Brown. Just depends really on who we have here.

For some reason, I wouldn't mind having Charlie Weis here. Preferably as the OC, but I think he'd be a capable HC as well. Marty I think would have success with what we have as well, IMO. Anything is better than what we have RIGHT NOW though.

Archived