• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Appreciation For Jake Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

tell that to the players and coaches. i am sure they would punch you in the face after they got done laughing at you.

sober up, sign up for some anger management classes and realize that he means more to the team than what you realize.

the team likes him and wants him there as the QB. all these things i have been saying are things that the team has been saying. are you saying that they are a bunch of morons? if you are then maybe you should be a saints fan where they have a "good" QB.

I'll punch you in the mouth!!!

you would think that after the 07 season people would appriciate what delhomme has done for the team.........but no you have people here that bitch how he aint throwing for 1000 yards a game or, oh god he threw a int....but we still won the game.

ill take a ugly win any day over a beautiful loss!

thanks delhomme for making us a contender again!

People get way to down on Jake, if you ever notice unless hes having a bad game, after who threw the second pick (Which wasn't even his fault) he came right back with one of the most beautiful passes I have ever seen him throw for the TD to Smitty.

Also, I agree a little bit with Youngs comments about getting the ball to Smitty in open field, if there is anything Henning did well, it was get the ball to Smitty in open field, something Davidson hasn't really been great at.

ahhh..... i smell a rant

first off will fans quit comparing this years team with the 2003 Superbowl team,two different teams people.this is not a excuse for turning the ball over and still winning.

another thing,would people quit thinking jake delhome was THE KEY REASON we went 7-9 last year.bad defense,a sub par offense and a non reliable qb were the reason for this.if moore started half way through the season there might have been a chance for a wildcard spot.(not saying jake was not a important part of this team last year).

stats have nothing to do with the reason why i doubt jake,it's the fact that everyone refers to him as a "game manager".hell if he'd stop throwing ill advised picks he wouldn't be a "game manager",he'd be a true leader and a top 10 qb hands down.anyone thinking jakes ints are the reason he's the leader of this team is crazy.reason i bash jake so much is because i know if jake gets rid of the turnovers,this man would be some serious top gun shhhh.

stats are for losers i agree,but excuses are to

Jake does what it takes to win, as long as that happens I am a happy camper.

Same here. Brees is better than him, but has his stats help take the Saints to the Superbowl or even win more than one game in a Playoffs? Nope. Beside, look at his :02 throw to Rosario against the Chargers. This is the reason we kept him: his passion & heart for the game is one of the reason we tend to win a lot of games.

1 word 4 Jake...C O N S I S T E N C E ..Jake is too inconsistent. And he can't handle the blitz...plus he doesn't look off the defenders, Jake knows who he's throwing it to (usually) before he throws the ball. I guess you can write it off as his style I hate to get involved in the conversation BUT i do think that if we had another quarterback, we would be more CONSISTENT as a football team, with the talent that we have.

WHAT!! Jakes had some interceptions this year?? Thrown some bad balls?? Had some bad games? Can't have that. Not even with a 10-3 record. We must send him to the murkiest depths of the moors for good. Thereafter, when the game is on the line and the clock is winding down, who better to lead our team to victory than the unknown QB. Surely that would be better than having an "average" quarterback?

On a serious note, Jakes obviously had some low points this year to go with the high points. He's thrown some bad balls (as all qb's do, even the "elites") and he's had some unbelievably bad luck and/or great plays made on interceptions (tipped balls etc.). But, he's not thrown any pic-6's that I remember compared to previous years and it seems his fumbles are way down compared to previous years. His stats say he's having a pedestrian year, but the team results say otherwise. I think he still has some issues with TJ surgery and is still learning to compensate. He still makes the occasional "bone-headed" decision but it seems like he doesn't make them as often as in other years. Despite his flaws, I still believe he will be the best option for this team for several more years (3-4) if his arm holds up. If his current backups aren't the future, bring someone in who can learn from him while he is here. Someone who can observe how he comports himself in high stress situations, how he has gained the trust of his teamates, etc.

1 word 4 Jake...C O N S I S T E N C E ..Jake is too inconsistent. And he can't handle the blitz...plus he doesn't look off the defenders, Jake knows who he's throwing it to (usually) before he throws the ball. I guess you can write it off as his style I hate to get involved in the conversation BUT i do think that if we had another quarterback, we would be more CONSISTENT as a football team, with the talent that we have.

I think our lack of consistentcy has more to do with our coaching. We never go for the throat when we have the lead and we always have to fight for each W. Against Tampa the other night, we utterly dominated that game from start to finish, but we still allowed them to hang around until the last 2 minutes of the game. We have a hard time finishing with authority.

I think it's funny that people complain about Jake Delhomme and that fact that they want a better QB, but do they consider the probability of landing a star QB and the amount of money we would have to pay to have that luxury? Peyton Manning, Brady, and these other guys break the bank on the team's balance sheet whereas Jake keeps us in the games and arguably plays just as good if not better than these guys in the clutch. What more can you ask for? Don't get me wrong, I yell at the TV all the time over Jake, but I think our fanbase can be alittle selfish sometimes. Look at the studs we have on offense and defense. Now factor in a high-paid Qb into that equation....

Archived