• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Appreciation For Jake Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

Looks like Steve Reed has had enough of all of this too. :lol:

http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=922

It’s amazing that even with the Panthers at 10-3 this season and in control of their own destiny in terms of home-field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs, there are still fans who love to criticize him on sports talk radio and on message boards.

They are still fans who apparently forget how awful things got last year when Delhomme went down for the season in Week 3 with an elbow injury.

Even after leading the Panthers to the biggest regular season win in franchise history on Monday night, there were still fans complaining about Delhomme’s two interceptions that led to 10 points for the Bucs.

Criticizing Jake is now one of those Panthers traditions, like bashing Trgo for playing prevent defense, or hammering Fox because he doesn't go ape-sh*t after a loss, or dissing Peppers because he didn't get a sack, or bashing Davidson for being too conservative on offense. It wouldn't feel like the regular season if we didn't have all those things. :D

Jake: “You can get caught up in quarterback rating and all of that, but I have never understood that,” he said. “I think one of my better years in quarterback rating was when we went 7-9. Well yeah, I had a pretty rating, we were getting killed I and was chucking the ball in the fourth quarters and everybody (on defense) is playing back.”

Thank you.

yeah lets try not to throw insults out,unless your want them thrown back at ya.

Truly, I wasn't insulting you. I literally couldn't understand a few of your points/figure out what word you meant because of the way you wrote your post. I am not a grammar hammer at all, it's a message board and if I can figure out what someone is trying to say I don't bag on spelling or grammar, etc normally.

We would be 13-0 if we had an above average QB

On the off chance you aren't a mod alter ego stirring up the pot, do I need to remind you that the Patriots, with the best QB in the NFL and a pretty passing offense were 16-0 last year? That really got them the Lombardi, didn't it?

You're responding to someone who's agreeing with you. I don't know how someone can definitely say we would be in the playoff hunt without him. That was why I was pointing out the other poster's prediction.

why i think this,is because unlike every other person i don't believe the 7-9 record last year was solely because the lost of jake,our defense play horrible some games,and we didn't have a true back up,just random ass bums.this year that is different,most of the games are not on the qbs back,with d will releasing some of that pressure.I surely don't think mccown and moore would suck ass like vinny and carr.

"I mean, what more can you say, he's our leader," offensive tackle Jordan Gross recently said of Delhomme. "There's no doubt we missed him last season."

Apparently people no more about Jake Delhomme than Jordan Gross.

“Some things in this league never cease to amaze me,” said Fox, who missed Delhomme more than anyone last season.

Even John Fox thinks you guys are stupid.

Listen I live in New Jersey, and right next to New York and Philly and people around the league hate their fans, but no matter what anyone says they have passion and are knowledgeable of their teams.

I attended UNC Charlotte for one year and went to every single Panthers home game, and I was nothing but disgusted with the fans in Charlotte. Yes, I read this board and do not get me wrong there are some fans that are die hards and I am not questioning them one bit, but for the most part Panthers fans are pretty terrible. You could even see in the Monday night game it was clearing out in the fourth quarter. People may say it was a week night and people had work and school the next day, but this would never happen in Philly or NY it is a shame. This thread right here is a perfect example of for the most part Panther fans being terrible. I am ashamed to say that I pull for the same team as some of the people on this board who want to replace Delhomme and are not satisfied with him. If you are not smart enough to realize that the Panthers are 10-3 and Jake is doing a fine job you really have no business watching the Panthers.

I apologize if anyone made the point I am going to make. Jake is not the best passer with most accuracy or throw the furthest. We all know he is the emotional leader of the team.

But what I have noticed this year, is his pre-snap instructions at the LOS. More times than not, now I dont know how often he calls an audible, but he can direct some running plays. Pay attention tomorrow, he tells the lineman who to block on run plays which has been HUGE this year. If anyone wanted to bench Jake, we have two other options. I am 100% Matt nor Josh are as capable as Jake for the pre-snap directions given at the line. We run the hell out of the ball and we have to give small props to Jake for it.

I believe he always has options on the playcall based on what the D is doing. I know they were talking about that one package at the goalline with no WRs vs TB and they mentioned that is he sees a matchup he likes he can change to a pass (they were kind of effing around about Hangman catching it since he declares eligible). He runs this offense, it's not like when Henning was here.

You're responding to someone who's agreeing with you. I don't know how someone can definitely say we would be in the playoff hunt without him. That was why I was pointing out the other poster's prediction.

I knew you were. I'm was agreeing with you by arguing against the nay-sayers. Plus I'm just lazy and didn't feel like scrolling down and clicking reply.

On the off chance you aren't a mod alter ego stirring up the pot, do I need to remind you that the Patriots, with the best QB in the NFL and a pretty passing offense were 16-0 last year? That really got them the Lombardi, didn't it?

On the off chance that your response had any relevance and wasn't another one of your pointless rips on the patriots, do I need to remind you that Jake hasn't won a lombardi yet?

Do I need to remind you Brady has won 3 rings?

On the off chance that your response had any relevance and wasn't another one of your pointless rips on the patriots, do I need to remind you that Jake hasn't won a lombardi yet?

Do I need to remind you Brady has won 3 rings?

Patriot hater...lol You so don't know me, you are obviously a true n00b on here not just someone who rejoined under a new name.

What does what I posted have to do with Jake not having been on a SB winning team yet and the Pats having three rings? Nothing. The fact remains that they were 16-0 in the regular season with the best QB in the league and they won no ring in 2007. (I still think you are an alter ego but I'll play along.)

I dunno. I guessed since we were talking about who has won lombardis and who hasn't, I just thought I'd mention how many Jake has. Since this thread is about him.

And for some reason I thought you automatically hated teams with high profile QBs. My memory sucks I guess.

And I would like to add that the last superbowl was a bit out of the ordinary. I wouldn't plan on it happening again any time soon.

Archived