• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

'Star Wars' saga set for 3D release starting 2012

Darth Biscuit

Big news on the 3D front.

Sources indicate that George Lucas is set on rereleasing the "Star Wars" franchise in new 3D conversions beginning in 2012. Although 3D versions have been rumored for some time, Lucas purportedly was waiting until there were enough screens available to make the release a sizable event.

Fox, which released all six original "Star Wars" films, also would release the 3D versions.

Episode I, "The Phantom Menace," would be first out of star-dock during early 2012. After that, each film would be released in order at the same time in consecutive years, depending on how well the first rerelease does.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i677c428c4dc16c2c7592835d50e86a3a

Hey George... instead of this, how about you make a new trilogy... :rolleyes:

Will never happen.

And if it did we would all go watch it twice then one year later hate it.

I know that Lucas has publicly said he doesn't plan on doing a 7/8/9, but that's a lie. Successful franchises don't like to die and SW is one of the most successful of all time. People are more likely to go spend money on what's familiar to them and I guarantee you that there will be a 7/8/9 within 40 years. Lucas might not helm it, but it will happen.

Archived