• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My iPad

cookinwithgas

On my X, I made the background black with white text and read in landscape with a medium font size and it was great. My only complaint was having to turn the page every 4 sentences... that gets a little old, but on the kindle or iPad that shouldn't be an issue. It didn't bother my eyes at all.

Its like the Kindle commercial - if you want to read outside in bright sunlight the Kindle has the advantage.

In normal light or indoors, the iPad is self lit. I need reading glasses to read books, but with the iPad I don't use them. You can change the font size easily as well. I've only used the Kindle reader for iPad so far.

But books are about 1 percent of what the iPad can do, and it's a lot more expensive, so comparing the two is a bit unfair. If all you want is a book reader the Kindle is way more cost effective.

Its like the Kindle commercial - if you want to read outside in bright sunlight the Kindle has the advantage.

In normal light or indoors, the iPad is self lit. I need reading glasses to read books, but with the iPad I don't use them. You can change the font size easily as well. I've only used the Kindle reader for iPad so far.

But books are about 1 percent of what the iPad can do, and it's a lot more expensive, so comparing the two is a bit unfair. If all you want is a book reader the Kindle is way more cost effective.

No, its not unfair to compare readability. I had a lot of trouble with Amazon trying to order my wife a Kindle. I thought i might kill two birds with one stone...i want a tablet, but will wait for either a 2nd gen Ipad or one of the others.

Ive read reviews and i think most do say over all, Kindle is superior for reading BOOKS. As it should be. iPad wins in magazines.

We got the Kindle yesterday, and the e-ink is incredible. When you open the box right on the face of the Kindle are initial 'getting started' instructions. I was thinking it was printed on the plastic protective sheet on the screen like other devices. Nope. It was on the friggin Kindle screen.

Don't worry, in 2 years Apple will release another iPad with a single new feature that it should have had at launch.

yep. so smart. they know people will buy what they offer. and the same people will upgrade for the new feature they put on gen 2, when they could have put it on gen 1.

smart.

Got one because it made sense for showing my photography Portfolios. I only got the 16 gig version. There is a free app called zumocast that allows you to play media on your ipad from your pc while you are home. Pretty sweet.

Knock apple all you want, but their stuff just works. Take it out of the box, there is no user manual. Just turn it on and start using it. Ever notice how every cell phone on the market now is an iphone rip off? Thats how you know who the real innovators are. Now here come the flood of iPad rip offs, none as user friendly, but juiced up with features i don't need or want. Do i really need yet another camera? Good lord.

Archived