• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boyd Automotive in Oxford, NC

Hugor Hill

do not attempt to buy a car from there. The manager, Richard, is a fat ass douche. I knew better when I pulled up and all the cars looked like absolute crap. The one car I was going to see, found it online and the pictures made it look awesome, when I got there and found that car, it smelled like somebody had taken a 20 pound poo in there and then tried to cover it up with armor all. The sales guy was cool, but when I told him I didnt think I was going to buy the car, much less even attempting to, he handed me over to this Jabba the Hut look-alike, who asked me why I was wasting his time? blah blah blah. Asked if I would buy it at a reduced rate, and when I told him I'd think about it(yeah right) he then proceeded to yell at this guy across the showroom floor, if you could call it that, about how he had taken the photos all wrong in front of me and the other people in there. Real smart ass. anyways, just venting, AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP, looks like everybody else has. dont get suckered into going there like me. /rant. :mad:

Can I get on this soapbox?

Two weeks ago, I put a $500 deposit on a car for my son. We told them it would be two weeks before we'd be able to pick it up. (Son has mono, Chris works all the time, me starting a new job). I write a check for insurance last Thursday, get a call later that day, they sold the car. I still don't have my money or a car.

Can I get on this soapbox?

Two weeks ago, I put a $500 deposit on a car for my son. We told them it would be two weeks before we'd be able to pick it up. (Son has mono, Chris works all the time, me starting a new job). I write a check for insurance last Thursday, get a call later that day, they sold the car. I still don't have my money or a car.

Dang, sorry to hear that!

Please tell me you got some kind of paper showing you paid them the deposit for the car.

If I take a deposit for a car, I write on the receipt how long I agree to hold it for and that the deposit is non refundable. $500 to hold it two weeks is very reasonable.

Yeah, I'm still a little pissed about it. Chris is handling it, now. That $500 was also supposed to be the down payment; we just couldn't get back to the dealership any sooner.

Archived