• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anyone noticed. .

Razeyfingers

players tend to play much later into their 30's and 40's now. Genetic freaks like Ray Lewis have proved that they can do so even in the most "aggressive conditions" (Smitty wouldve been a better ol spice guy though). Like the guy or not, he's still rollin out pain trains.

All that being said, why would you want to trade 34 or 89 or anyone that has proven to be factor for all that matters? . . excluding those being a tard and getting a DUI. . . not that they could be traded anyways.

DWill has spent his pro career splitting carries and he's currently 27. . :lol: twenty muthafuggin seven. He may not even show SIGNS of more wear n tear til he's 31-32 under these conditions (2 very capable younger additions when he needs to recover). I understand that what most of you really just want is value out of him but dont use his age as leverage for your argument. The man is in in his prime and should continue to be for some time if you factor in modern sports medicine that's constantly improving.

Do you guys really think that Smitty is done in in 2 years? "Done" as in he wont be effective when he's 34 or 35? I use 2 years as a bar since that would likely be the amount of time the team we would need in order to adjust to a very probable coaching change and restructuring. His more significant injuries in the last 2 years have come from things that could happen to any 21 year old coming into the league (a high ankle sprain and a broken bone). Arent age related injuries more about muscles tear? That's what Im starting to notice when I try to do anything more strenuous than scratching my gooch these days. I dont see why, given today's medical information about him, Smitty wouldnt be able to play in this league into his late 30's and even til his 40 (as a role player) if he really wanted to. I believe he has at least 4 to 5 more years of explosive supa DEAR LAWDA talent.

There's plenty of dudes out there who work hard and are capable of playing the game at a high level into their late 30's and 40's, but for some, there comes a time when the pain and the grind just isnt whats on the agenda anymore.

Anyways just food for thought those of you who are quick to jump off a bridge. . er maybe should.

I think Smitty could do it till maybe 35-36. Beyond that I don't see why any player would want to keep playing. But I question if Smith is willing to continue to push the limits like he's always done for this team. I can respect that the FO has finally tried to help him with WR's this year but if they didn't do that, and I was Smith, I'd probably slack off some.

Totally agree about Dwill. I still don't get why people want him traded. He is young and proven.

He should not be traded just to be traded; but, if someone gives a good offer that helps the team, then pull the switch. As good as he is, he's a running back. There are many good running backs in the NFL and there are many great ones that will be drafted in the next few years.

The Panthers need to build a solid defensive unit with focus on the front lines. If Dwill can be traded to a team that would offer a solid player to help in that area, it's a no-brainer IMO.

He should not be traded just to be traded; but, if someone gives a good offer that helps the team, then pull the switch. As good as he is, he's a running back. There are many good running backs in the NFL and there are many great ones that will be drafted in the next few years.

The Panthers need to build a solid defensive unit with focus on the front lines. If Dwill can be traded to a team that would offer a solid player to help in that area, it's a no-brainer IMO.

Yep, there are so many good running backs that we waited 9 years to get a good one.

And haven't been back to the Super Bowl since.

Archived