• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sal Sunseri leaving for Alabama

Rock_Steady

right the opposite to me.

blow it up, get a whole new fresh group!!!!

I was kind of thinking about that, too.

But if Jerry is considering that, I would think he would consider letting Fox go with him. Don't ge me wrong; I don't think Fox should be let go after a 12-5 season. But I would think Richardson would want to give him one more season with his core group of coaches: you know, just so he can't blame the team's poor performance next year, should they have one, on new coaches.

I see Fox and Trgovac both sticking around for one more season and, if it's a bad one, they're both out the door this time next year.

Did he leave because he wanted to go or he wasn't going to be retained? That is the question!!!

If he suspects that Trgo is gone and that whoever comes in as DC will pick his own people, then the rats would be deserting the ship. The fact Fox is letting his coaches interview somewhere else would at least suggest he is fine with making changes.

Carolina Panthers defensive line coach Sal Sunseri has been hired to fill one of two vacancies on Alabama's defensive coaching staff, a source close to the situation told the Press-Register tonight.

Sunseri previously coached during the 2000 season under Nick Saban at LSU. He joined the Panthers' staff in 2002 after a year at Michigan State under coach Bobby Williams, who is currently an offensive assistant at Alabama.

A former All-American linebacker at Pitt, Sunseri is expected to coach linebackers for the Crimson Tide.

here is some of the info.

Hidden

From PFT:

EFFORT STARTS TO PLACATE PEPPERS?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2009, 9:59 p.m.

Three days after defensive end Julius Peppers launched a public power play to get out of Carolina, the Panthers might be starting the process of making Julius happy.

Gone is defensive line coach Sal Sunseri.

Coincidentally, Sunseri arrived in 2002, the same year that the Panthers picked Peppers with the second overall selection in the draft.

There’s also chatter that defensive coordinator Mike Trgovac could leave. Word is that his contract has expired, and that he might head to Jacksonville, where he would join Jack Del Rio’s staff.

It remains to be seen whether such changes will persuade Peppers to stick around.

Archived