• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1: Bobcats @ Mavericks

HeatCheck

....ahhhh didn't get to watch the game, but after reading this entire thread....i'm assuming its a good thing I didn't watch. Real question. Who's season looks more depressing right now Panthers or Bobcats.

By the way Bill Simmons, writer for ESPN, pretty NBA savvy said the Cats were top five teams you don't want to have their roster for the next five years going forward. Can't say I disagree with him, and with our terrible drafting skills, there is little light at the end of the tunnel

Are you serious? There are 81 games left to be played...And you didn't even watch the game.

And like I said on page 1 of this thread, I didn't expect a win last night from the 'Cats. I chalked this game up as a loss as soon as I saw the schedule. They've never beaten the Mavs and I didn't expect it to happen last night. I was telling my friends the that the 'Cats would probably lose 95-85. Looks like my prediction was about right.

Had the Bobcats taken care of the ball, and/or Dirk didn't shoot like a god, we would have had ourselves a close ballgame.

Are you serious? There are 81 games left to be played...And you didn't even watch the game.

And like I said on page 1 of this thread, I didn't expect a win last night from the 'Cats. I chalked this game up as a loss as soon as I saw the schedule. They've never beaten the Mavs and I didn't expect it to happen last night. I was telling my friends the that the 'Cats would probably lose 95-85. Looks like my prediction was about right.

Had the Bobcats taken care of the ball, and/or Dirk didn't shoot like a god, we would have had ourselves a close ballgame.

it was a joke dickweed don't take yourself so seriously

Way to go MJ....you have officially put together a joke of a lineup.

Offseason moves are about as pathetic as his draft history.

This team sucks, they lost to the pathetic Dallas Mavericks on opening night. And some bum named Dirk Nowitzki shot 11-13 from the field. I mean who is this guy, I never heard of him. Some say he's the best Euro player of all-time, but we all know Euro's can't play basketball. These guys suck, blow the team up.

And MJ, you didn't even try to improve the team in the off-season like Jerry Richardson did with the Panthers. God, when is MJ gonna sell this team so we can get a real owner who wants to win!

We should have given Felton and Chandler extensions, they were borderline all-star last season. But no, MJ trades one and lets the other one walk 'cause he's a cheap owner who only cares about money and not winning!....(/sarcasm)

I'm not saying we're complete garbage, we obviously have some good guys, but what I am saying is that we have a reason to complain.

If you watched the game you'd see that it wasn't because Dirk was that good that he went 11 for 13, it was that our defense was that bad. Turnovers are killers to any team, but the defensive performance was horrible. Guys were running half-heartedly out barely putting their hand up to challenge shots.

It looked like a video game, they couldn't miss, and most of their shots were jumpers... They weren't driving in and a lot of Dirk's were 13 ft + out from what I saw... The defense was not good.

I'm not saying we're complete garbage, we obviously have some good guys, but what I am saying is that we have a reason to complain.

If you watched the game you'd see that it wasn't because Dirk was that good that he went 11 for 13, it was that our defense was that bad. Turnovers are killers to any team, but the defensive performance was horrible. Guys were running half-heartedly out barely putting their hand up to challenge shots.

It looked like a video game, they couldn't miss, and most of their shots were jumpers... They weren't driving in and a lot of Dirk's were 13 ft + out from what I saw... The defense was not good.

Exactly, they were hot from the outside. I'd rather see teams beat us from the outside than see teams walk the ball down the lane for layups. There's not much you can do on D when a team shoots like the Mavs did last night. If Dirk or Terry had a bad night from the field, suddenly you're looking at a close game. Especially if the 'Cats had taken care of the ball.

Being disappointed with the way the 'Cats played last night is one thing, but throwing the team and the front office under the bus after 1 game is over the top. And that's exactly what the last few pages in this thread have been, over the top.

First game of the season, against a very good team on the road. 81 games to go...

We're going to lose some games guys, mostly cause we lack a pure scoring threat. Jax can take over a game, sometimes, but if Dirk is on fire (he was) he's going to light us up. Less than steller PG play didn't help either.

Melo just said he wants out, my God, I wish we can get the Devin Harris trade back on the table. I think with Devin Harris, we win that game, or at last make it super close.

That was a key problem in the game last night. DJ as the PG, has to initiate some offense, whether it be through steals/defense leading to breaks or in the half-court... He really didn't do either.

I was really disappointed by his showing, b/c since his rookie season I really felt that he would be a great PG if he just got the minutes. Well, now he is getting the minutes and he just looked so timid.

If he doesn't pick it up, we'll have to make a move b/c it all starts with the PG. Harris can create his own shot and shots for others. What's better than needing a clutch shot than to have the guy who already has the ball in his hands take it and usually make it? I believe DJ can be that guy, but he's NOT being that guy right now.

Archived