• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where will our defense rank next season?

panthers1789

Doesn't matter if he's inside or outside, he's a gamer and will be better than Diggs.

How about this for an exercise--name all the teams that will have a better defense than we will.

Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, Giants, Vikings, Titans for sure. Redskins and Patriots probably. MAYBE the Bears and Jaguars bounce back. There's a big group of teams in the middle tier, of which the Panthers are a part. We could seriously finish anywhere from 10th to 20th, and statistically, a lot will depend on how much time we control the ball.

Middle of the pack, anywhere from 10-20, and that combined with a top 10 offense will be enough for a solid playoff run. Everyone thinks our defense is going to explode because Pep is leaving and Trgo is coming back, but we still have a lot of talent on defense and Trgovac is most certainly going to get his act together after the abomination of a defense he produced at the end of last year. He knows he'll be fired if he replicates that next season.

I would say middle of the pack, mainly cause of the talent, regardless of the bad coaching. Although the rankings are a bit misleading, aren't they based off yards? We had some games where we gave up yards but not as many TD's. I don't think we'll be as bad as some thing, but we won't be top 10 I don't think.

Archived