• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Too many people not making sense here

PanthersPhan18

NO isn't great. They aren't half the team they were last year. And the only reason that game was competitive is because they turned it over deep in our territory, twice I believe. It wasn't like Clausen had us in a shootout or anything.

He had us in a position to win as many times as Moore has this year. One each. Some of the credit and blame go to both too.

Don't forget to tell the Rams that about Bradford. :rolleyes:

Clausen may not amount to anything, but anyone who says they know whether he will or not yet is bias one way or the other.

edit: Manning started out pretty terribly, to be honest. He made one or two nice plays a game for his first half dozen games, but he took off and "righted the ship" as things went on. The cumulation of his season was strong but early he was making many, many mistakes. We have not seen anything from Clausen to think he's going to be elite, but we have seen at least a steady performance against a great NO team, and a terrible performance against a good CHI defense.

Recent rookie QB success had a lot to do with the team the rookies were playing on, tbh. Yes, the rookies played a role in the wins, but this team isn't going to make anyone look good.

If clausen had manning's numbers through 4 games people would be giving him BJs behind the stadium.

He had us in a position to win as many times as Moore has this year. One each. Some of the credit and blame go to both too.

Clausen has had the benefit of a waaaay better defense that has created turnovers for him and he did nothing with them. Look at the games that each has started and Turnovers our defense forced to help out our offense and it's kind of shocking.

Games Moore started:

NY 4

TB 0

SF 1

STL 0

Games Clausen started:

CIN 2

NO 2

Chi 4

If our defense forced turnovers for Moore like they did for Clausen (except the NY game which was just bad by Moore) I think our offense would be a lot better than it is now. Getting turnovers is a huge momentum shift and also changes field position which we have been a major victim of this year.

Thoughts?

Clausen has had the benefit of a waaaay better defense that has created turnovers for him and he did nothing with them. Look at the games that each has started and Turnovers our defense forced to help out our offense and it's kind of shocking.

Games Moore started:

NY 4

TB 0

SF 1

STL 0

Games Clausen started:

CIN 2

NO 2

Chi 4

If our defense forced turnovers for Moore like they did for Clausen (except the NY game which was just bad by Moore) I think our offense would be a lot better than it is now. Getting turnovers is a huge momentum shift and also changes field position which we have been a major victim of this year.

Thoughts?

He beat San Fran, a very hard thing to do this year.

I'm not calling anyone a bust, but.. it's kind of difficult to have hope in our quarterbacks making any progress given who is coaching them.

Jake Delhomme, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn. What do those guys have in common? our quarterback coach.

Archived