• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Keep Losing To Draft Luck

unicar15

If we lose out on him to freakin Buffalo I will be pissed. Aside from having a cannon for an arm he was valedictorian of his high school class. He is majoring in Architectural Design at Stanford. His dad was a former pro football player. If you look at his picture he looks like a nerd. He is exactly who I want playing QB for us. The Sheriff is a big time nerd as well...all of the great ones are. Fact.

Yup we need Buffalo to win. If we both finish with one loss who gets the number 1 pick?

I think it goes by head to head and then divisonal records. Since we don't play Buffalo, it would be our divisional record against theirs. Sorry to those of you that want us to beat Tampa (even though I don't think it'd happen anyways). I hate to say it but continuing to lose is in the best interest of this franchise for the future.

So we'll have drafted 4 QBs in 2 years assuming we do this(even though Armanti was drafted as a WR, he still played QB). I wonder if that has ever been done before lol.

I just hate that the reality is that we can't pass up a chance at this high caliber of a QB in Luck. I just hope management isn't sold enough on Clausen to pass this shot up. Assuming there is a lock out and the NFL has a lottery type draft, I wonder who we will take in the next draft.

So we'll have drafted 4 QBs in 2 years assuming we do this(even though Armanti was drafted as a WR, he still played QB). I wonder if that has ever been done before lol.

I just hate that the reality is that we can't pass up a chance at this high caliber of a QB in Luck. I just hope management isn't sold enough on Clausen to pass this shot up. Assuming there is a lock out and the NFL has a lottery type draft, I wonder who we will take in the next draft.

IMO there is no way in hell another coach comes in and doesn't hand pick Andrew Luck as his #1 pick at QB if the opportunity is there.

It might be in the best interest of our franchise if we tank to get the number one overall pick in the draft, but there is no way in hell I'm going to be cheering for us to lose. Luck might end up being a great QB, but he also might end up being JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, David Carr, or Tim Couch.

There's also a chance Luck might not even enter the NFL draft this season.

I'd much rather we fight to the bitter end, and end up with the 4th or 5th pick in the draft than to tank the season so that we can take a chance on someone that might end up being great, or might end up being a total bust.

I think everyone is overlooking one important little detail here... Andrew Luck is only a redshirt sophomore. He doesn't have to come out of college this season. If he is as smart as you say, he might insist on staying in school another year to get his degree.

It would seem foolish of him to not come out this year with him currently being the unquestioned number one pick, but just remember that at this time last year Jake Locker was going to be the number one overall pick in the 2010 draft.

I think everyone is overlooking one important little detail here... Andrew Luck is only a redshirt sophomore. He doesn't have to come out of college this season. If he is as smart as you say, he might insist on staying in school another year to get his degree.

It would seem foolish of him to not come out this year with him currently being the unquestioned number one pick, but just remember that at this time last year Jake Locker was going to be the number one overall pick in the 2010 draft.

A. He needs to look at the fact that Bradford got injured when he went back.

B. He needs to look at the fact that Locker lost his #1 grade and maybe lost out on his first round draft grade.

C. I don't think Harbaugh will be at Stanford next year. I think he's heading to the league, which means that Luck will be playing for a new coach. That is never a good idea when you are already the projected #1 pick.

If he doesn't come out then I'd take Ryan Mallett too. He is who I wanted last year anyways. He would have been the 2nd QB taken behind Bradford had he come out.

Archived