• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Situation in the NFL

SteveSmithOwns

Overall, good post. But I disagree..

#1 - Can't compare a solid QB like McNabb to our QB situation. We have NO ONE.

#2 - As bad as Derek Anderson and Max Hall are, they are both better than what we have right now. In fact, I wish we could've picked up Leinart. But that would require coaches who can help develop him.

#3 - Mainly a coach problem. McDaniels was a terrible hire. Letting a 2-time SB winner go was an even worse decision.

#4 - They look more like we did in 2006. We thought bringing Keyshawn Johnson would fix our problems. It didn't. The coach seems to be the problem there as well. Carson Palmer has been terrible as well.

#5 - Chan Gailey? Seriously? Who makes that hire? They are the 2001 Panthers, with more talent, regardless of how many players people can name.

#6 - Would love to have Collins back.. but that would've meant never letting him go... and if that were the case he wouldn't be where he is today. They are in the middle of the NFL really IMO.

#7 - They are better than their record shows.

The other 3 aren't good choices.

Without listing us, you realize you listed nearly a third of the league right?

None of those teams are in a position that is worse than we are in. You could probably combine all of the teams you list, in terms of #1 problems, and it would fit us perfectly.

Well, McNabb is currently better than any of our QB's, there are certain deterrents that he has going forward. For the first time in his career he has a higher interception than td ratio. He also just got a huge contract that will be hurting the Redskins for some time and is 34 years old, an age where you could easily see him continue to decline.

As for the Cards, have you seen Derek Anderson? I would rather have Clausen easily. and Max Hall is now hurt for the year

The reason I was able to list so many teams is because looking at our problems, I don't see how we can't fix most of them in 2 seasons. We need a QB, a RG, probably another wideout, even though I like what i've seen from LaFell and Gettis and some DT help. Other than that, all the other areas I feel are passable.

I'll be happy to go through every position and see where you guys think we have huge holes.

QB- Jimmy Clausen- This is an obvious. He isn't getting the job done. One of the top priorities.

HB- DeAngello Williams, Jonathon Stewart, Mike Goodson- I don't know about you, but I feel confident with any of these guys in the backfield as an option

FB- Tony Fiametta- still young, but has shown potential

WR1- Steve Smith- I still think he has some ability left, but hasn't been able to show it this year due to the current QB situation

WR2- Brandon LaFell- could use an upgrade, but i think if you gave Gettis and LaFell a few years, you don't need to worry about this

LT- Jordan Gross- not having a great year, but you don't replace a LT for one down year

LG- Travelle Wharton- coming back from injury is a question mark, but has been elite

C- Ryan Kalil- solid C, doesn't need replacing

RG- Geoff Schwartz- he is good depth, but could use another RG to really solidify the line

RT- Jeff Otah- the question is whether he can stay healthy. If he can, he is very good. wouldn't try to replace yet

this is just the offense. defense coming later

LE- Charles Johnson- solid player, continues to grow. I can see a career along the lines of Mike Rucker here. wouldn't give up on him

DT- Nick Hayden- need to replace

DT- Derek Landri- need to replace

RE- Tyler Brayton- still have Everette Brown here as the replacement when his time comes

OLB- Thomas Davis- hopefully will come back from injury strong, otherwise will need replacing

MLB- Jon Beason- is a Beast

OLB- James Anderson- coming out year. very solid play

CB- Chris Gamble- energy effort not good apparently. good in pass coverage but we need to monitor this situation

CB- Richard Marshall- could use replacement

FS- Charles Godfrey- wouldn't mind replacement

SS- Sherrod Martin- could also use replacement

our biggest needs could be at corner and DT. I still like our core of young DE's and wouldn't mess with them alot. some more linebacking depth would be nice, as well as perhaps some new safeties.

I'll be happy to go through every position and see where you guys think we have huge holes.

QB- Jimmy Clausen- This is an obvious. He isn't getting the job done. One of the top priorities.

HB- DeAngello Williams, Jonathon Stewart, Mike Goodson- I don't know about you, but I feel confident with any of these guys in the backfield as an option

FB- Tony Fiametta- still young, but has shown potential

WR1- Steve Smith- I still think he has some ability left, but hasn't been able to show it this year due to the current QB situation

WR2- Brandon LaFell- could use an upgrade, but i think if you gave Gettis and LaFell a few years, you don't need to worry about this

LT- Jordan Gross- not having a great year, but you don't replace a LT for one down year

LG- Travelle Wharton- coming back from injury is a question mark, but has been elite

C- Ryan Kalil- solid C, doesn't need replacing

RG- Geoff Schwartz- he is good depth, but could use another RG to really solidify the line

RT- Jeff Otah- the question is whether he can stay healthy. If he can, he is very good. wouldn't try to replace yet

this is just the offense. defense coming later

Agree with the QB and HB situations. Fiametta has some great lead blocks this season, but he also seems to get lost at times.

I like our WR rotation - I haven't had this much hope in our WR corps in a long time. If Gettis and LaFell produce like this with Fox as coach and Clausen at QB, what will they do with a real coach and QB? Scary...

The whole right side of the line needs replacing (I have a gut feeling Otah may never return to form, especially if there is a lockout. 2 years away?)

LE- Charles Johnson- solid player, continues to grow. I can see a career along the lines of Mike Rucker here. wouldn't give up on him

RE- Tyler Brayton- still have Everette Brown here as the replacement when his time comes

OLB- Thomas Davis- hopefully will come back from injury strong, otherwise will need replacing

CB- Chris Gamble- energy effort not good apparently. good in pass coverage but we need to monitor this situation

our biggest needs could be at corner and DT. I still like our core of young DE's and wouldn't mess with them alot. some more linebacking depth would be nice, as well as perhaps some new safeties.

I see a little potential in Nick Hayden. But you're right - he doesn't need to be starting. Brown's size still worries me. Same with Norwood. I'd say we need another DE. Gamble and Marshall are both solid, but I'm afraid they've been ruined by all the years in Fox' soft cover 2 scheme. Godfrey is good in the nickel, but as a starting safety, he's always out of position. Martin is great in coverage, as long as he isn't trying to cover for Godfrey.

Some of you have been sipping the Kool-Aid this morning. Don't forget that we probably play in the toughest division out of all those teams so our climb back to the top could take longer than a team like Seattle or San Fran that only needs to go .500 to make the playoffs.

End Realism.

sherrod martin?

As for the Cards, have you seen Derek Anderson? I would rather have Clausen easily. and Max Hall is now hurt for the year

Yes, having lived in the Phoenix area, and knowing people that work for them, I follow the Cards as well with my Sunday Ticket. And Derek Anderson is better than anything we have. It's quite obvious you don't watch them very closely if you're asking me this and you think Clausen is better than he is.

Yes, having lived in the Phoenix area, and knowing people that work for them, I follow the Cards as well with my Sunday Ticket. And Derek Anderson is better than anything we have. It's quite obvious you don't watch them very closely if you're asking me this and you think Clausen is better than he is.

you have to remember I'm thinking future form too. I still think Clausen could be a decent QB, he just needs some training up. Derek Anderson will always be bad. There is nothing that will change that. So yeah, I would much rather have Clausen than Anderson. and if you ask Cardinals fans, I can almost guarantee they are going to say they would also rather have Clausen than Anderson, if just because of the age factor.

biased opinion...but there's no shortage of that here anyway!!!

Seahawks have a poo load of positive things there...got lots of young players that have been playing extremely well. Very successful drafts the last couple of years. They need to stay healthy first and foremost...just like every other team of course, but I think we've been bit hard in key positions the last few seasons. We draft a replacement for Hass this year I am sure...new youth in the secondary....I'm very positive about the future.

So yeah, I would much rather have Clausen than Anderson. and if you ask Cardinals fans, I can almost guarantee they are going to say they would also rather have Clausen than Anderson, if just because of the age factor.

I just asked, they said, "Clausen who?"

Archived