• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Situation in the NFL

SteveSmithOwns

While the Panthers may have the worst record, looking around the league, there are lots of teams that I feel are in MUCH worse position based on performance and current ability of players.

Washington Redskins- These guys are terrible. They started off ok, but lately have looked dead. They have no salary cap space when a new CBA gets reached, have major attitude issues with people on their team, and have the oldest team in the NFL.

Arizona Cardinals- You think Clausen is bad? Look at the Cardinals. These guys make Clausen look like an All-Pro. They just let their second best player, Anquan Boldin leave, and the only bright spot they have is Larry Fitzgerald, who hasn't been able to do anything with nobody around him. The departure of Kurt Warner really hurt.

Denver Broncos- Traded away Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Peyton Hillis. Got back The Golden Calf of Bristol, Knowshon Moreno and Brady Quinn. I would say that's a bit lopsided. Oh, and their defense is terrible too.

Cincinnati Bengals- Looks like they are about to start into full rebuilding mode. Both of their WR's are old and look to be gone next year. Their QB, who is still one of the highest paid players in the game has become ineffective, and their drafts haven't worked out well lately. Not a good recipe for success.

Buffalo Bills- I will give them this, they fight hard. And Steve Johnson has kind of had a coming out year. But I doubt many football fans could name 5 people on their roster on non-skill positions. That's not good.

Tennessee Titans- They have Chris Johnson and Kenny Britt. They also have the racist Kerry Collins as their QB and a coach's best friend, Vince Young still on their roster. Either Young or Jeff Fischer, there coach will probably be gone next season, so either way, they are going to have to retool for that.

San Fransisco 49ers-

Their QB's are Alex Smith, Troy Smith and the amazing David Carr. We all know how good Carr is. And a few games the crowd here was screaming for him to come in. Whenever you have this as a situation, you know your headed in the wrong direction.

Other possible candidates:

Oakland Raiders- Don't have a steady QB, and even though they are playing half decent, you could see a descent again soon.

Seattle Seahawks- Starting to get younger, but looking over their roster, they don't have alot of playmakers that worry teams.

Indianapolis Colts- I can't believe I'm putting them on here, but Peyton Manning, usually a machine, doesn't seem to be working. Without him, they are not very good.

So, basically what I am trying to say, is that we should not be all doom and gloom. We have alot of talent, and hopefully with the #1 Pick and a new Coach, we will be able to see all that talent start to show itself.

Feel free to add any others you think

To be fair, no one outside of the Carolinas could name 5 people on our roster on non-skill positions.

how does that determined how worse our "situation" is?

Could anybody name 5 skill positions on our team when we were stomping the cowboys, squeaking by the rams, and spanking the eagles?

Howabout 2005?

2008? Yessir after that monday night stomping Williams/Stewart are the poo.

well, let's make it simpler then. Besides QB, WR and HB, could you name 5 people on the Bills?

Hangman, that LB from Penn State..Poslunski (?), umm Ryan Lindell, and I don't know if he's still there, but they traded for Stroud a few years back

That's about all I got

Denver also traded away their 2009 first rounder for Alphonso Smith, a player who now plays for the Lions and is most famous for getting torched on Thanksgiving.

true but that was verse the best qb in the league, and he has five picks this year....not saying he was worth the first rounder they traded for him, but there biggest mistake was trading him to detroit

Archived