• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck News & Updates

Jbro

You skipped the important part:

It is quite a difference from the 1-15 team, which lost 15 consecutive games, that Hurney inherited after the 2001 season.

Again, he got the benefit of having a first round draft pick from the 1-15 season. He was hired to build a championship team.

He failed.

If you don't want to read about Andrew Luck, you may want to stay out of this forum for a while.

If he doesn't declare, come back after about January 20th (it'll take a few days for the forum to calm down).

If he does, and we don't draft him, you'll probably want to wait till June (same reason).

If he declares, and we draft him, and you don't want to hear people talk about him, then I'd say don't come back at all.

wisdom

You skipped the important part:

Again, he got the benefit of having a first round draft pick from the 1-15 season. He was hired to build a championship team.

He failed.

Didn't they go to the Superbowl in 2003 (in his second year as GM)?? was he supposed to coach the team as well?? or should have have played? How exactly did HE fail?

I don't agree with any of that.

Discrediting Hurney be saying he is lucky is illogical. He's done very well in the 1st and 3rd rounds, horrible in the 2nd. And 2005 was a disaster. Otherwise he's pretty good.

I don't know how many teams have consistently hit on their 1st rounders like we have.

Otherwise he's drafted very well, you can call it luck if you want but that makes no sense at all. It's totally baseless. That's like an excuse you give when you lose a pool game.

Also we've had 2 10+ loss seasons in 10 years which isn't all that bad. We're not nearly close to floundering like Detroit or the Raiders.

I would add that he has drafted well in the fifth thru seventh rounds.

He drafts good players, but not necessarily for needs. He has never drafted a good QB, DT, or WR. Those are huge holes in his arsonal.

Nobody here ever said one player can fix everything. Luck will help turn the worst offense I have ever seen into a good one with a good RG and some healing. A couple DTs and a CB will make the Defense top 10.

Name a great team in the NFL right now, and they have a QB better than any we have ever had. It is time we got a franchise QB. Luck is the best to come out in years.

I think this team has plenty of the pieces in place already, especially if we can get Otah and Wharton back healthy. I thought LaFell and Gettis showed a lot of promise as rookies and should be much better next year.

Ironically, it's the defense that really needs rebuilding, but one stud DT would go a long ways towards accomplishing that.

This is the only year you know that Jerry hasn't spent money. So where is your statment coming from? He paid JP 100 million last year and Jake 12 million who is on another team. So either you find it hard because you haven't been a fan past the last 2 years or you don't know what the hell your talking about.

The year is not over... yet. The main reason he hasn't spent is due to the CBA, so he goes out and contradicts himself by laying a load of cash on a 1st pick. The owners want a rookie cap, JR could make a statement to everyone by trading out of the top spot. JP made a $100 million last season?:confused:

Archived