• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who fits the Tampa 2 and Who dose not. My break down.

Snake

Everyone is pretty much running with the assumption that the team will convert to a pure Cover Two. You could see that given the hire, but I don;t think it's a lock.

I think if we do cover 2, tampa 2, whichever, do it full time. It's not a kind of defense you can have success with by instituting a package. IMO the teams that have run the tampa 2 the best ran it full time. (Bucs, Colts)

Tampa 2 traditionally runs a nose tackle/under tackle front. Sapp was the under, McFarland was the nose. Kemoeatu would fit there. We did that a fair bit over the last seven years anyway, but certainly the above posts are correct that we don't know how much Tampa 2 we'll supposedly run.

Colts wound up acquiring McFarland to try to get something similar going there too but I don't think it quite matched up.

Going into the season, that was the expectation for how we'd play Kemo and Lewis, so it wouldn't be that big a shift for us. Personally though, I'm holding out hope for an every-down, Jenkins style DT and Kemo/Lewis returning to rotational status.

Colts wound up acquiring McFarland to try to get something similar going there too but I don't think it quite matched up.

Going into the season, that was the expectation for how we'd play Kemo and Lewis, so it wouldn't be that big a shift for us. Personally though, I'm holding out hope for an every-down, Jenkins style DT and Kemo/Lewis returning to rotational status.

If we got a dt that could play every down and we went back to the rotation that would make our front four so much better it wouldn't even be funny.

If we got a dt that could play every down and we went back to the rotation that would make our front four so much better it wouldn't even be funny.

agreed. We are in dire need of a every down DT. It sucks cause we pay kemo to be a every down DT when really he is not.

Archived