• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Involvement of Players on IR

CharlotteBeer.com

I'm curious about the level of involvement a player on IR has with the team. I imagine this is just up to the player, as they have no obligation to attend team meetings, games, etc.? Right?

I only ask because it seems like I've seen players like DeAngelo or Thomas Davis on the sideline when they've been injured. I may have easily missed it, but has anyone seen Moore on the sidelines? I know he likely won't be here next year, and I think he probably knows that too, but it would have been nice to at least see him on the sidelines with his team or helping Clausen out.

I thought it was surprising when Tyrell Sutton mentioned on Twitter not making the trip out with the team to one of the games earlier in the year (before he was injured, I think). He said it wasn't his choice. Can the Panthers only bring a certain number of players? I mean, I understand that they can only have a certain number of active players, but what about guys who just want to be there for the team?

not sure...most of the time those players dont come if its an away game. If sutton said that for a home game I find that weird.

I'm pretty sure it was an away game.

I guess I could understand not going, but it just seemed weird for me to think about an NFL player at home watching his teammates. Seems like he should be out there with them. I mean, even if you're not playing, I would think you could stand to benefit from being around the coaches and watching from the sideline.

Maybe not?

most players dont travel with the team to an away game if they are injured. its just standard nfl practice.

This.

I'm not sure what it's like for home games. I'm sure many of them go but maybe have to be restricted to a certain area of the sideline. VY isn't even allowed in meetings and Fischer said that was standard so maybe they aren't involved in the team at all.

You can tell who the PS or IR players are, due to their outfits. But I don't think I've seen Moore out there from looking live from the stands, or this past week on TV. I've seen Null and BSP around the kid. At away games I've seen Pike sitting next to him (when Pike was active). I'm sure Moore is out there but I've never seen him.

Archived