• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Article: Meeks will bring change for the better

BlindSite

One thing I still don't understand, please tell me if you know.

Why did Meeks make a lateral move FROM a championship calibur team? It seems odd to me that if he was so good that he would move to a middling to above average team. Do you think he came because there are head coaching implications in the future?

One thing I still don't understand, please tell me if you know.

Why did Meeks make a lateral move FROM a championship calibur team? It seems odd to me that if he was so good that he would move to a middling to above average team. Do you think he came because there are head coaching implications in the future?

new coach for the colts was going to be doing a house cleaning to get his own staff in. don't blame him but from what i understand it was not what the colts org. was expecting. they thougght the staff wold remain the same.

anyway, meeks knew that it was likely that his future wasn't going to be there with the new HC so he left on his own.

He has been considered for several HC positions in the past, most notably the redskins and jets. Getting offers down the road isn't out of the question. The fad is, though, going after the young bloods hoping to find a mike tomlin. someone of meeks age will probably have less of a chance to get an HC position anytime soon. Helping the Panthers turn their defense around would be a great step in the right direction. Making that happen should be easy considering the players he has to work with.

panthers aren't giving anyone contracts past 2010 anyway so if it's a short term deal that he got it won't be unlike anyone else.

I have no prob with zone as long as we are play physical and stopping the other team. I mean Pitt and NE use lots of zone coverage and it works well so there is no reason it want work for us. I just dont like the soft ass coverage I have been seeing for two years now. The bend but dont break crap is what I hate the most.

Archived