• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

~ 2011 College Draft Prospects ~

HeatCheck

Players I would like at 9

1. Kemba Walker

2. Alec Burks

I would be OK with Kawhi Leonard

Players I would like at 19

1. Jordan Hamilton

2. Bismack Biyombo (though I feel he might fall further than this)

I would be OK with Josh Selby

As far as our second round pick I think we should try to get Marshon Brooks or Chandler Parsons

Why do you think Biyombo will fall that far? Chad Ford just said he is in play at #2 (which I don't believe, but still)

This draft absolutely sucks. We've got two 1st round picks that we could use to trade up but there's nobody worth trading up for outside of Irving and Williams. It figures that the Bobcats have two 1st round picks in this horrible draft and no 1st round pick next year in a draft that will be much better.

Oh well I guess this is just the life of a being a Bobcats fan. Yay for mediocrity!

Oh and I will flip if we pick one of these european guys. I want a player who's name I can pronounce.

This from Chad Ford:

chadfordinsider Chad Ford

Already hearing from sources that Minnesota has told people they're very open to moving No. 2 pick. Kahn wants veteran help .

How about 9 and Jack? poo, throw in 19 too

Why do you think Biyombo will fall that far? Chad Ford just said he is in play at #2 (which I don't believe, but still)

There is a lot of debate amongst experts on where he will fall. I believe the Bobcats.com consensus mock draft has him going 11. But I just have a feeling he is one of those people that fall. Kind of like a DeJuan Blair a couple years ago. Though Blair had knee problems so that was understandable. I just think he has all of this hype right now and people are touting him as the next Ben Wallace. I don't know. Just kind of a feeling really.

I would be perfectly happy if the draft went lilke this for the Bobcats.:D

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

Players I would like at 9

1. Kemba Walker

2. Alec Burks

I would be OK with Kawhi Leonard

Players I would like at 19

1. Jordan Hamilton

2. Bismack Biyombo (though I feel he might fall further than this)

I would be OK with Josh Selby

As far as our second round pick I think we should try to get Marshon Brooks or Chandler Parsons

What makes you think Kemba would be around @ #9?

anyway....

@ #9.

Alec Burks

Kawhi Leonard

Bismack Biyombo

Brandon Knight

Jan Vesely

@ #20.

Jordan Hamilton

Klay Thompson

Tyler Honeycutt

Jimmer Fredette

@39.

Andrew Goudelock

Keith Benson

David Lighty

How would people feel about moving one of possibly both of the picks this year for a pick or two next year in what is considered a stronger draft?

And have no picks this year? :cuss:

They'll probably trade Jax and/or Diaw and end up getting picks for next year.

And have no picks this year? :cuss:

They'll probably trade Jax and/or Diaw and end up getting picks for next year.

I know it would be kind of a bummer for now, but we'd have a shot at a much better player next year if we capitalized on somebody else falling in love with a player. There might not be a season this year anyway.

I would be perfectly happy if the draft went lilke this for the Bobcats.:D

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

What makes you think Kemba would be around @ #9?

anyway....

@ #9.

Alec Burks

Kawhi Leonard

Bismack Biyombo

Brandon Knight

Jan Vesely

@ #20.

Jordan Hamilton

Klay Thompson

Tyler Honeycutt

Jimmer Fredette

@39.

Andrew Goudelock

Keith Benson

David Lighty

Wishful thinking, kind of like you and Brandon Knight at 9.

How would people feel about moving one of possibly both of the picks this year for a pick or two next year in what is considered a stronger draft?

There is a rule that you can't go without number one picks two years in a row. We didn't have one last year, and we don't have one next year, so we have to keep at least one of them.

I think Jordan Hamilton's stock is gonna rise to the point where we think strongly about taking him at 9. He is the best scorer in the draft, which we need, and he reportedly had very good interview sessions at the combine today. Could back up Jackson for two years or until we trade him, then take over at the 3.

The combine is on again today. It was more basketball drills yesterday with measurements and running drills today (a little less significant).

Someone who I have seen (really just yesterday) that looks good and the commentators have talked about is Marshon Brooks (SG, Providence). Really efficient shooter and Len Elmore said he had some "Kobe in him." I don't think we'll pick him because 19 maybe a bit too high and we already have Henderson.

I want Knight so bad if he falls to 9

I like him a lot too. It just depends who is available at 9. Doubt Kanter will be there, but if we have a big that is high on our board and available, I think we have to look big first.

Archived