• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Press Conference Response Thread

chknwing

Look at you Saltman getting in on my defense and running the ball speeches.

You throw the ball to score points. You run the ball and play good defense to win championships!

Fun fact: the Saints finished #21 in Rushing defense last year (#25 in total defense). The previous 2 years, non playoff years, they finished #16 and #13. They finished #23 in rushing defense in their conference championship year.

The whole success of this is going to depend on getting Luck. If Luck comes out then we have the choice of any good coaching candidate out there that wants to be Head Coach. Luck will draw the best of the them here because he will be a great QB in this league and any coach worth his salt will know that. It's as simple as that.

here is the way to be a championship team.

Have an elite QB

Be good at running the football and have a good defense :)

That's what I'm trying to say. Can't get away with those mediocre QBs anymore. Yeah, you need to be good at several things, but that's the most important.

No, I totally agree. But let's not confuse that with the "defense wins championships" spiel that The Real Deal was talking about. He's trying to simply a winning formula when it's just not that easy. He doesn't like stats because they don't support his argument.

The whole success of this is going to depend on getting Luck. If Luck comes out then we have the choice of any good coaching candidate out there that wants to be Head Coach. Luck will draw the best of the them here because he will be a great QB in this league and any coach worth his salt will know that. It's as simple as that.

What a load. The success of the franchise is in the hands of a sophomore college QB? Spare me the drama. This is a great coaching opportunity Luck or not.

Archived