• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mass Effect 3

rodeo

Yeah, people are quick to try to kick people even though you just completed one and you're trying to get a spectre pack or change your loadout. The worst is when the host leaves while you're opening a spectre pack or something and you have no idea what you got because it kicks you out of the screen that shows you everything. Most pubs I play with are typically dumb. There's also some classes I don't bother reviving, especially on silver and above. I don't care if you're a level 20 vanguard, you should know it's stupid as poo to charge into a banshee. On bronze, I just take the weight hit and equip an OP gun in the event my team is dumb and doesn't wanna do the objectives. There's something wrong when you have almost 100k points and the rest of your team is in the 10ks. It's also nice when you unlock extra medi-gel slots so you actually want the guy you just revived to run even if you get downed. Once you figure out that each AI in the game will agro onto only one of you guys, it's pretty easy to just run table. You can just run past banshees and brutes and phantoms if they're not agro'd on you.
The game doesn't award points based on personal play but team play which has it's up side and down side, some people don't want to do the hard work and just want you to carry them, you see this a lot on silver because they figured they can get twice as many credits but they don't want to do the work to get it themselves. so there is usually someone who's trying to freeload.

With that said though if you have the right gun it doesn't matter what your level is, I have the N7 Valiant, which at this point I'm convinced is the most powerful gun in the game, I don't care what level my character is as long as I'm getting head shots most anything goes down with 2 shots.

Yeah I have the n7 valiant too. That and the Geth Plasma Shotgun are the most overpowered weapons right now. I only use other weapons if I'm trying to be more power oriented.

And yeah the team play points has the upside and downside. Upside being that if someone just takes all the kills, you still get some sort of reward out of it, Downside being that people freeload or if the person with the highest amount of points leaves the game or disconnects, No one gets those points. I remember a Vanguard who had 100k points disconnected right at the end(it was a friend so I know it wasn't a troll) and we ended up only getting 100k points on Silver as a group.

• 6 months later...

Don't know if anyone besides me is still playing this game, but Bioware has really taken the multiplayer the last few months from what seemed as an afterthought to a full blown multiplayer mode, it's really a lot of fun especially when you play the harder difficulties with friends.

btw for those that don't know it's strictly co-op but lotta fun

- as far as the story is concerned the writer of the first mass effect (the one who quit) said it was to be based on dark energy where you end up geting like 7 different ways of employing the weapon based on what you had done in the first 2 games. (anywhere from luring in the reaper fleet and blowing up a sun to a massed fleet duel with smaller fersions blowing up reaper dreadnoughts). Would have been more intresting than the ending it got.

I'm looking forward to Omega; I've liked Aria since the first time she said "Better luck next time" and I realized she was the Asari that Wrex told a story about in ME1. Hopefully they expand on that, unless the new writers have ditched it like so much of the original intent of the universe.

Yeah, that's basically what I have come to expect from EA, release a Collectors Edition and still expect you to buy all the extra content. I've played the series on PS3 and was looking forward to buying this for ME1 and the DLC I never got for 2.

Looks like I will just be buying ME1 on PSN and wait till next gen when they release a true collectors edition.

Archived