• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mass Effect 3

rodeo

Everything I've read is that the want gameplay to be more like gears of war or Ghost Recon type of thing... Mainly a shooter with basic RPG elements. They think that by making it more shooter / fps friendly then they can get a bigger audience for the game..

So take ME1 and ME2 and take away vehicles and so forth, make it more action packed and more like a shooter... (battlefields have more enemies, and multiple levels/stories to them.) Put the heavy duty RPG elements on the backburner so that they don't have to be accessed unless the player wants too.

= ME 3

Posted · Hidden
Hidden

Where the hell did you get that from? The devs (namely the lead gameplay designer) have been constantly talking about expanding the rpg elements in ME3. I haven't seen any source say they are scaling them back. Can you provide a link?

Everything I've read is that the want gameplay to be more like gears of war or Ghost Recon type of thing... Mainly a shooter with basic RPG elements. They think that by making it more shooter / fps friendly then they can get a bigger audience for the game..

So take ME1 and ME2 and take away vehicles and so forth, make it more action packed and more like a shooter... (battlefields have more enemies, and multiple levels/stories to them.) Put the heavy duty RPG elements on the backburner so that they don't have to be accessed unless the player wants too.

= ME 3

O rly?

Mass Effect 3 to have deeper RPG elements, expanded skill trees and alternative endings

The devs (namely the lead gameplay designer) have constantly said (and still say) that the RPG elements are being expanded for ME3 and have gone into detail about them.

That article from eurogamer is full of BS out of context quotes. For example: "We're huge believers in the IP and are purposefully shifting it to address a larger market opportunity." This quote is talking about the release date. Shifting it for a larger market opportunity. Not shifting the IP itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Mostly disappointed with their E3 showing. Really the only announcement was kinect support, which I don't care about. The gameplay they did show was excellent, but I guess they used E3 to target new people rather than give hints to the people already fans.

I think I'm gonna have to go into Helen Keller mode and avoid everything until release, cause I already learned more about the story than i wanted to know.

Archived