• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If AJ Green is the Pick...

chknwing

Again, I disagree with the AJ Green pick, and would rather have Fairley. But, this obviously is a never-ending circle.

I would go as far to say as Dez Bryant would've been a better choice than AJ Green, because at least he returns kicks and such.

At least you guys aren't ranting about signing Cam Newton, then I would be upset.

This is all negated by the fact that we had the 32nd ranked offense in the league last year.

DT is the WORST possible route we can take, and you'd have to be an ignoramus to think we should just because your being narrow minded in your view of the field (and by field, I ain't talking 'bout turf..)

And you are an idiot. Where did I say DT? Bowers DE can be our franchise pass rusher for 10 years.

Great teams are built with a LT, QB and right DEFENSIVE END! its been the cornerstone for years. And who the hell said stay at #1? I have been saying trade down and that is what we should do.

But you on the other hand want to pay QB money to a friggin WR? you want to ignore football common sense, ignore how badly first round WR's have panned out, how long it takes for them to make and impact and ever more importantly there will NOT be a rookie cap till 2012 even with a new CBA.

So the #1 pick last year got 50 million guaranteed and you want to give him that or more? A WR? you are a moron.

And you are an idiot. Where did I say DT? Bowers DE can be our franchise pass rusher for 10 years.

Great teams are built with a LT, QB and right DEFENSIVE END! its been the cornerstone for years. And who the hell said stay at #1? I have been saying trade down and that is what we should do.

But you on the other hand want to pay QB money to a friggin WR? you want to ignore football common sense, ignore how badly first round WR's have panned out, how long it takes for them to make and impact and ever more importantly there will NOT be a rookie cap till 2012 even with a new CBA.

So the #1 pick last year got 50 million guaranteed and you want to give him that or more? A WR? you are a moron.

How do you know there won't be a rookie cap? Everything I've heard points to a rookie cap whenever the new CBS is done, and we won't be negotiating contracts until a cab is agreed upon. Why would the owners or players want to wait a year to establish something that will help them both get more money?

This post is for those who thinks Smitty is not what he use to be.......

Do people really believe Smith when he said he doesn't want to be number 1 anymore. When I first heard his comment about not being number one, I took it as him wanting to be 1A. No way does he want to be regulated as a number 3 guy. Everyone saw how fiesty he gets when he doesn't get the ball. No way would he be content coming off the field and onto the field as a number three or four guy.

You can be number 1 and still play the slot position at times. What Smith really wants is a guy who draws double teams, so he can be as free as he was in 2003, 2005, and even 2008. (Notice that all those years, Moose was our 2 guy, and a good one at that) Bottom line, Smith is still a superstar receiver.

As for Green, we don't need another receiver as badly as we need defensive help in the secondary and on the d-line. If you want to improve the passing game, first of all get Clausen out of the line up, and secondly get Mankins and plug him in at RG. With a healthy o-line, backfield, and a dependable QB, we will be pretty much set on offense.

Why call someone an idiot?

Anyway its gonna be one monster contract regardless of who you pick. And we've already said it would be unusual to trade down.

Bowers, Fairley, Green, they all have their risk, and they all have game changing ability.

Green IMHO measures out to be the most special per position, and in a position of need.

This post is for those who thinks Smitty is not what he use to be.......

Do people really believe Smith when he said he doesn't want to be number 1 anymore. When I first heard his comment about not being number one, I took it as him wanting to be 1A. No way does he want to be regulated as a number 3 guy. Everyone saw how fiesty he gets when he doesn't get the ball. No way would he be content coming off the field and onto the field as a number three or four guy.

You can be number 1 and still play the slot position at times. What Smith really wants is a guy who draws double teams, so he can be as free as he was in 2003, 2005, and even 2008. (Notice that all those years, Moose was our 2 guy, and a good one at that) Bottom line, Smith is still a superstar receiver.

As for Green, we don't need another receiver as badly as we need defensive help in the secondary and on the d-line. If you want to improve the passing game, first of all get Clausen out of the line up, and secondly get Mankins and plug him in at RG. With a healthy o-line, backfield, and a dependable QB, we will be pretty much set on offense.

I challenge anyone to point out how we need more help on defense than on offense.. considering our defense was 12th (last I checked) and most likely that defense was on the field longer than any other defense in the league..

I'm not worried about our defense so much as I am that offense..

whether you believe Smitty or not when he says he doesn't want to be the #1 is totally irrelevant to the FACT we need a true #1 to replace Smitty...

and I wouldn't put it past Smitty, because do you think he'd rather play longer or become ineffective faster?

I challenge anyone to point out how we need more help on defense than on offense.. considering our defense was 12th (last I checked) and most likely that defense was on the field longer than any other defense in the league..

I'm not worried about our defense so much as I am that offense..

Once we get everyone healthy on the o-line and get Clausen out of the line up, our offense will thrive once again. We need Mankins on the line, and he is the only one I would be willing to spend money on as far as offense was concerned.

Once we get everyone healthy on the o-line and get Clausen out of the line up, our offense will thrive once again. We need Mankins on the line, and he is the only one I would be willing to spend money on as far as offense was concerned.

we need an explosive receiver.. Gettis may be that guy, but I really see him as a solid #2 until he proves otherwise.. LaFell is the same.. they aren't that explosive guy who can take over a game..

get Mankins like you say and I'll feel better, but I won't be mad at all if we go Green...

pick up Orton.. he's been a solid starter in the past.. I think we would be helping our defense more this way..

now if we did get a DT with that 1st pick, so be it, but I'm still going to feel real good if I hear Green as our 1st pick.. keep in mind, I think we should make a play for Orton too..

Green is definitely a good player, but our defense needs to be the best in the league to stop our division. Green would have to score 3 or 4 tds a game to keep up with these guys. The biggest problem with our offense is the schemes that we ran. JR said he will bring in good offensive coaching this time around, and we should be alright in that department. There's a couple of names floating around out there that would help our D, so there are a lot of ways of handling the situation. My dream scenario would be to get Ngata, Mebane, and pick Peterson with the first pick.

I just read a piece on espn about Green and how he'd love for his family to be able to make the short drive from SC to see him play. After this Luck nonsense, it was refreshing to read. He's my choice for the pick. Sign a veteran signal caller, insert Green into the lineup, and get the boys rolling out. Let Clausen and Moore do battle for the backup position and get it done.

Archived