• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC Scout on Gabbert

unicar15

hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass

I think that Gabbert is as pro-ready as any spread QB recently. His size and style are not like most spread QBs in college in that most of those guys are looking for the run option. If there is such a thing as a "pro spread" then that is the type of QB I would classify Gabbert as. Personally, I like him and IMO if he is a QB worth taking at #5 then he is a QB worth taking at #1. Either way hes the #1 ranked QB and that is a huge need for us. I don't want to look back at this draft and think that another great QB got away b/c of bad scouting or us being too scared to pull the trigger at #1.

It also helps that he compared him to Roethlisberger and Freeman. If we pass on this kid in order to give Clausen the job for one more year I have a feeling we are going to be sorry...unless we are in position to get Luck next year.

every QB that is 6'4-6'6 and weighs between 230-240lbs is going to be compared to Big Ben and Freeman..

Just wanted to bring it up, apparently Scouts Inc. think a lot of Gabbert. Last time I checked their list he was in the 20-30 range, now they have him as the 6th overall prospect.

1. Da'Quan Bowers* DE Clemson 97

2. Nick Fairley DT Auburn 97

3. Patrick Peterson* CB LSU 97

4. A.J. Green* WR Georgia 97

5. Marcell Dareus* DT Alabama 96

6. Blaine Gabbert* QB Missouri 96

7. Robert Quinn* DE N. Carolina 96

8. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96

9. Stephen Paea DT Oregon State 95

10. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M 95

Just wanted to bring it up, apparently Scouts Inc. think a lot of Gabbert. Last time I checked their list he was in the 20-30 range, now they have him as the 6th overall prospect.

I saw that too. 2 weeks ago he was only rated a 93, and at the begining of the month, he was a 90.

What the hell is going on eh?

Didn't we rely on the "experts" when we jumped on Clausen. Then an article appeared that certain "experts" were paid off to rate him higher. We need to do our own evaluation and not rely on any outside verbage. Just cannot afford to make another mistake.

what in the world does volek have to offer as a mentor? it's a lazy choice.

i would much rather have bulger, hass, collins, or crap, even josh mccown here to help bring a QB along than rely on billy volek. if chad pennington could throw again i would rather have him in here as well. all of those guys have a whole lot more to offer than volek.

That's fine

Hasslebeck is reportedly going back to Seattle

McCown has just as little game experience as Volek

Bulger is pointless bringing here to start, so would be just as useful as Volek

Collins isn't the sort of mentor I would want to bring in.

You get so aggressive about Billy Volek yet completely ignore the fact that teams have wanted him on their 3 QB roster rather than going elsewhere. He HAS to be good off the field, otherwise teams would have waved goodbye a long time ago. If you are going for a mentor that is exactly what you want, not someone who might win a game or two. All you want from him is to instil some good practice off the field and pass on as much of his work ethic as possible.

You don't want the most talent as a mentor, you want the best teacher.

hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass hass

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/13/pete-carroll-wants-matt-hasselbeck-back-with-the-seahawks-next-s/

You are acting like a little child...

Archived