• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen's maturity

unicar15

I think it should be noted how mature he has been through this whole process. It seems like he is hell bent on getting better and establishing himself as a player on this team. Whether or not that actually happens IDK..but his attitude has been very impressive throughout. It can't be easy to have everyone clammoring for a new QB. Even though I'm not a big Clausen fan, I admire his attitude thus far and IMO shows that he is capable of being a player...mentally. I'm not sure about his ability physically.

I dunno. Over the season, I could never tell if he was mature enough "not to let it get to him" or not mature enough to take up the mantle of leadership and get angry enough to fix something...

I mean, I have no evidence he has even thought about football over the last few weeks so I can't really say much about his maturity in that regard. *shrug*

edit: I mean, yeah, he didn't look emotional or very beaten in press conferences which is a good thing considering how terrible he was. But he did seem disconnected somehow, which has me concerned.

His footwork and throwing motion are just as bad or worse then some QBs coming into the Draft this year. That what Im worried about not his maturity.

This. This this this this this.

...then again, it's not like his intangibles have me leaping out of my seat to defend him, either. There are some guys who are clear leaders, who inspire, like (as much as I am not a fan) The Golden Calf of Bristol. Clausen is not one of those guys right now.

Is there a guy in the draft that has a Big arm and accuracy? If you find him let me know cause thats who I want as my QB. Clausen has accuracy and can put the ball spot on but he tends to side arm the ball when moving in the pocket and that makes for bad days. His deep ball is suspect also. IMO he would be better suited for the WCO.

Is there a guy in the draft that has a Big arm and accuracy? If you find him let me know cause thats who I want as my QB. Clausen has accuracy and can put the ball spot on but he tends to side arm the ball when moving in the pocket and that makes for bad days. His deep ball is suspect also. IMO he would be better suited for the WCO.

Gabbert and Mallett both fit that bill according to scouts.

It will depend on the QBs coach that comes in, will he be good enough to help him adapt to the NFL game, since clearly nobody was helping him last year.

I really just hope whoever our coaching staff is...they give up on rookies after one year. Then we will have one hell of a team in 20-30 years....maybe.

Gabbert and Mallett both fit that bill according to scouts.

I thought both of them had spotty accuracy? I like Gabbert's ability to move in the pocket but I think he should be just as much of a first overall pick as Newton. Really I would not be upset with Gabbert, Mallett, or Newton but just not as a first pick.

I thought both of them had spotty accuracy? I like Gabbert's ability to move in the pocket but I think he should be just as much of a first overall pick as Newton. Really I would not be upset with Gabbert, Mallett, or Newton but just not as a first pick.

Gabbert and Mallett both have pretty good accuracy on both short and long balls and both have experience throwing a ton of 'em.

Does anyone else see Ryan Leaf when they look at Mallett?

Archived