• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Awesome Laptop Deal

phidelt649

HP 16" Laptop from Newegg only $500 + Free shipping! Also, you can get another $50 off with a newegg rebate. Though I must mention that the rebates on Newegg are notorious for not going through.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834147920&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL020309&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL020309-_-LaptopsNotebooks-_-L0A-_-34147920

3GB RAM

320GB HDD

2GHZ Intel Dualcore Processor

HDMI Out (hook up to HDTV)

Just thought I'd give you guys a headsup!

same here. mine is getting kinda old and overheats a lot these days. i might get this.

it's 450 with a rebate, by the way.

HP 16" Laptop from Newegg only $500 + Free shipping! Also, you can get another $50 off with a newegg rebate. Though I must mention that the rebates on Newegg are notorious for not going through.

:D

BTW, I have an iMac (OS X), PC (XP) and Laptop (Vista). Vista isn't that bad anymore. The Premium home edition combined with SP1 is actually useable. Of course, I'm waiting impatiently for Windows7 before I upgrade my desktop.

:D

BTW, I have an iMac (OS X), PC (XP) and Laptop (Vista). Vista isn't that bad anymore. The Premium home edition combined with SP1 is actually useable. Of course, I'm waiting impatiently for Windows7 before I upgrade my desktop.

Windows 7 is going to be awesome. I tried the beta, and it was already way ahead of Vista.

Besides that though, I've had bad experiences with HPs. They tend to break or have numerous problems.

Windows 7 is going to be awesome. I tried the beta, and it was already way ahead of Vista.

Besides that though, I've had bad experiences with HPs. They tend to break or have numerous problems.

Just like everything else, I think your mileage may vary. I had an Acer that I hated, but many people love them. I currently have a 17" HP laptop that I love. I'm pretty rough on it and it still performs great. Low heat as well.

I think that Vista = WindowsME and Windows 7 = Windows XP.

i've also got a 17" HP. it has worked like a dream from the beginning, and HP has really good tech support. i like their online chatroom support because i hate calling people.

it just overheats because it's full of dog hair and i stripped the screws on the bottom so i can't clean it out.

Archived