• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Matt Moore still be our guy?

Snake

Only difference is, Moore had three prior seasons to learn the offense and how to be a QB in the NFL from a vet like Delhomme. Clausen comes in a fresh-faced rookie and is forced to start because of poor play by Moore and injury. Can't compare their performances because Moore SHOULD have played better. He did but it was marginal at best.

Compare their rookie years when Moore didn't have a TC and played 3 playoff teams. If you look at just how they looked in those games and not anything else, you would know Moore was/is going to be the better QB.

He's a 4 year pro. People have provided plenty of reasons to keep him around. You just don't understand them, which is fine, I've stopped expecting logic and comprehension from most on the Huddle.

Only 1 team locked up where they were going to be. The Vikings were playing for home field advantage and Favre has nothing to do with it since he doesn't play defense. Moore put up 30 points in that game and no turnovers. Again against NY he put up 40 points with 3 Tds and no turnovers. How you say those things are meaningless is crazy. If Jimmy put up a game with just 2 TDs this board would have exploded.

I guess the bottom line is Moore is very polarizing and people are either going to like him or hate him. There are very few people who can look at him objectively and see what he's been able to do in the league.

No one has made me dislike Matt Moore, but you and your constant defenses of him.

He did not put up 40 points or 30 points. Did he score 7 TDs against NYG or something? Hmm, I seem to recall Stewart going over 200 yards that game. Maybe that helped a bit.

Without pulling a KT and changing the subject, I'd love to hear you defend his pick six against SF. Analyze the play. Tell us how it was Stewart's fault.

I don't expect Matt Moore back with the Panthers. He stunk it up in 2010, even though he showed more potential than Clausen. He will find a #2 job somewhere and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start a few games next year. Reminds me a lot of Rex Grossman.

edit: I'd say Matt Moore's game against the Rams is the best example of who he really is.

I'd say his games in 09 were better examples of who he really is, but I understand, you and others can only focus on limited things.

I'm so tired of this..

Matt Moore is not a Franchise QB. He's not even an adequate QB.

Get a grip, people..

He sucks. He proved it. Get over it.

I;m so tired of your poo. Nobody here is saying he is a franchise QB. He is better than you admit, but all you can do is beat your retard drum, and act like you don't hear what people are saying.

YOU need to get a grip.

No one has made me dislike Matt Moore, but you and your constant defenses of him.

He did not put up 40 points or 30 points. Did he score 7 TDs against NYG or something? Hmm, I seem to recall Stewart going over 200 yards that game. Maybe that helped a bit.

Without pulling a KT and changing the subject, I'd love to hear you defend his pick six against SF. Analyze the play. Tell us how it was Stewart's fault.

Don't you know?

It wasn't Matt's fault.

The evil Dark Lord of the Sith set up a conspiracy to make him look bad.

It's sad you don't like a real person because you can't handle someone on the internet.

I'm sorry, he put up 3 TDs in each game and also contributed in other areas of the game that led to scoring drives.

The subject is Matt Moore how is that changing the subject? The play was Moore's fault. I'm glad you chose one bad play from that game instead of all the amazing plays he made. Both of Gettis' TD throws, the throw to LaFell on the sideline to set up the game winner, countless others.

You just admitted to being a hater so nothing else you will say will ever matter. It's like I have my own stalker!

i haven't been one of matt's supporters but he does provide someone to push both clausen & pike. most of the options available through trade or free agency are unrealistic IMO. mcnabb will end in arizonia ,san fran or minn & kolb has less starts than matt.

Another cop out. How. Freaking. Typical.

He's got a typical NFL QB body at 6'4" 220 but could use a little extra weight. He's got good footwork and a stronger arm than people think. He literally can make all the throws (Deep out to Jarrett in Week 1, TD passes to Smitty on skinny posts, TD pass to Smitty against Minny, TDs to Gettis in San Fran, etc). He's proved he can win games in the NFL and move an offense. He's proved he's mentally strong after coming back from being benched for a POS rookie and playing well. He also proved he's mentally strong during that game after he threw a terrible pick six that looked like it sealed the deal but came back to lead two game winning drives in one game.

He proved he can get all his receivers involved and keep his play makers involved. Moose had 1 TD all year (from Moore), Smitty was in beast mode with Moore, Jarrett caught a TD, Gettis caught 2, LaFell had 7 something catches for 90 something yards, all of our TE's have gotten involved.

He's a professional. He handled this year with class and didn't say one negative thing. Despite the way the team has treated him, he said he wants to be back showing his loyalties to the city and his teammates.

Is that enough?

It's sad you don't like a real person because you can't handle someone on the internet.

I'm sorry, he put up 3 TDs in each game and also contributed in other areas of the game that led to scoring drives.

The subject is Matt Moore how is that changing the subject? The play was Moore's fault. I'm glad you chose one bad play from that game instead of all the amazing plays he made. Both of Gettis' TD throws, the throw to LaFell on the sideline to set up the game winner, countless others.

You just admitted to being a hater so nothing else you will say will ever matter. It's like I have my own stalker!

Pretty sure you're the one who blew up my PM folder one day with your garbage. People see the bias you have with Moore. You're idiotic to pretend it doesn't exist. I like Matt Moore, and have told you in quoted messages six fuging times now. You, however, I don't like because you're an arrogant douche who disregards the opinions of those who disagree with you and spout your football knowledge on everyone like you're some kind of NFL GM. If you can scout players so damned well, give the Panthers a call. Or don't, because they're prone to brainfarts and may hire you, leaving the next day's headlines to be "Panthers scout proposes to Moore, resigns him to 75-year, $250 million deal with complete ownership of team."

Pretty sure you're the one who blew up my PM folder one day with your garbage. People see the bias you have with Moore. You're idiotic to pretend it doesn't exist. I like Matt Moore, and have told you in quoted messages six f**king times now. You, however, I don't like because you're an arrogant douche who disregards the opinions of those who disagree with you and spout your football knowledge on everyone like you're some kind of NFL GM. If you can scout players so damned well, give the Panthers a call. Or don't, because they're prone to brainfarts and may hire you, leaving the next day's headlines to be "Panthers scout proposes to Moore, resigns him to 75-year, $250 million deal with complete ownership of team."

I gave up my future in football to kick the sh*t out of douchebags...

A lot of people talk about bringing Moore back but you only quote and attack my posts.

Enough with the stalking, if you try and f*ck me it won't end pretty.

Archived