• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King says Peppers is DPOY

unicar15

He was on a better team and had better stats in '08.

If you guys think Pep would have won Defensive player of the Year with the Panthers with those stats, you are insane.

It because he was a big FA and is on a good team.

Pep has had much better years here, and never sniffed the award.

Everyone on this board knows he had great stats w/ questionable effort in 2008. He is easily playing better football in 2010.

meh, it always seems like Pep is getting this excuse, "stats dont tell the story, or he changes the game, dont look at the stats. Its deh Pressures".

But I have watched about 9 Bears games, and it looks like the same Pep. Dominant to Disappearing. IMO, Pep has not played any better, or worse than he had with the Panthers. I know how talented Pep is, and I believe with a team and Defense that has talent like he has, as well as, the freedom to roam the field to rush the offense at its weakest point that he should have 15+ sacks. He is that talented.

It's hard for me to say that the DPoY isn't James Harrison or Troy Polamalu, but then again their Defense is different with Polamalu is not playing, and he has missed some games. So its hard to say. But they have the best Defense, and I think Harrison's stat line is just as good.

and I may still be blinded/butthurt, but I am trying to remain objective. I am not saying that he isn't in the discussion, but IMO, he isnt the DPoY

meh, it always seems like Pep is getting this excuse, "stats dont tell the story, or he changes the game, dont look at the stats. Its deh Pressures".

But I have watched about 9 Bears games, and it looks like the same Pep. Dominant to Disappearing. IMO, Pep has not played any better, or worse than he had with the Panthers. I know how talented Pep is, and I believe with a team and Defense that has talent like he has, as well as, the freedom to roam the field to rush the offense at its weakest point that he should have 15+ sacks. He is that talented.

It's hard for me to say that the DPoY isn't James Harrison or Troy Polamalu, but then again their Defense is different with Polamalu is not playing, and he has missed some games. So its hard to say. But they have the best Defense, and I think Harrison's stat line is just as good.

and I may still be blinded/butthurt, but I am trying to remain objective. I am not saying that he isn't in the discussion, but IMO, he isnt the DPoY

See, the issue is you watch him closely but not the other guys. Matthew, Harrison, Peppers, whoever. All will go missing at times simply because it's physically impossible to be dominant all season long.

Matthews got sacks. Great. He had less pressures, forced fumbles, interceptions, PDs, tackles, defensive stops and interceptions. Matthews is a linebacker, he should wipe the floor with Peppers in most of those categories because he gets more opportunities. The ONLY thing Clay beat Pep on was sacks and hits.

Meh... He's basically DPOTD (Defensive Player of the Decade), but that is to people who know football outside of Panthers fandom...

Really? Then why was he hardly mentioned for it year after year for 10 years?

This is nothing but trying to sell him, like the media has been selling Fox.

See, the issue is you watch him closely but not the other guys. Matthew, Harrison, Peppers, whoever. All will go missing at times simply because it's physically impossible to be dominant all season long.

Matthews got sacks. Great. He had less pressures, forced fumbles, interceptions, PDs, tackles, defensive stops and interceptions. Matthews is a linebacker, he should wipe the floor with Peppers in most of those categories because he gets more opportunities. The ONLY thing Clay beat Pep on was sacks and hits.

Well, I know what you are saying, but I do try to pay attention to specifics, even schemes. Mainly because I am going to be a highschool coach. But, I do pay more attention to players, instead of just following the ball, regardless of the game.

Archived