• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King says Peppers is DPOY

unicar15

for a player that is 30, in their prime, who can take over games as him.i know their would have been a market higher than a 3rd rounder for him.

Well, I know for a fact that no one was willing to part with the FT tender to get him.

I don't think that Pep's habit of disappearing for games, or even stretches of the season, preclude him from being Top 5.

It is understandable that defensive players can/will disappear at times. It is not impossible for an OC to scheme away from a guy.

It is just simply that there are better defensive players in the league than Pep. There are guys that impact the game more and benefit their team more on a week to week basis than he does.

Does that mean he isn't a great player? No. Just means that he isn't the greatest.

he is only reason that the bears d is back to its form. i know oc will gameplan around certain d players to give a more favorable matchup.but from the de position this guy is just as good as revis is at cb and reed are at safety.

yeah he is great, but i didnt say he was the greatest.but i do see why he is being considered for the award this year.

To keep him meant to franchise him, everyone in the fuging league knew JR wasn't going to pay him. He wasn't going to sign his tender (like before) until last minute, meaning we couldn't even look for a deal. He did everything in his power to become an unrestricted FA. He aint worth 20 mill a year. He got what he wanted and is playing where he wanted. He is now getting national recognition where as if he had the exact same stats here, we would be killing him about all the money we paid. This is best for everyone involved.

The fact is, we couldn't deal him when we Franchised him, we tried, that was the whole purpose of putting the tender on him. We had tried to make him the highest payed defensive player in the league and he turned it down, we we tendered him in an attempt to trade him for maximum value without letting him walk. It didn't work out, no team was willing to pay the price required and he just rode the season out.

We couldn't put a franchise tag on him for a second year in a row because the money required goes up and it would have been a ridiculous amount. So they let him go for a league compensatory pick, which was their only option.

It's not like they were just like "Peppers? Ohh that guy....yeah just let him go, is it happy hour yet?"

bc he didnt sign his tender.he gave us a list, we could have dicked 1 of the 4 teams that he wanted to go too.the money went up, but he made the same thing if not more in chicago than he would have here this year. and according to pep he never heard from hurn or panthers organization so it was like who the hell is peppers?

bc he didnt sign his tender.he gave us a list, we could have dicked 1 of the 4 teams that he wanted to go too.the money went up, but he made the same thing if not more in chicago than he would have here this year. and according to pep he never heard from hurn or panthers organization so it was like who the hell is peppers?

False

An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams.

Which would bring his salary this year if we had franchised him again to around 21.8million after the 20% increase on last years 18million and change tender.

Julius Peppers and the Chicago Bears agreed on a six-year deal to bring the top free agent to Chicago.

The contract is worth $91.5 million with $42 million guaranteed. Peppers will make $40.5 million over the first three years. The number could increase if he makes the Pro Bowl, records a certain number of sacks or is defensive player of the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4969071

He did not make over 22million this year. Sorry about your luck.

Archived