• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missouri Fans perspective on Gabbert

unicar15

Hidden

I went back and watched his bowl game again today. Not only did he not take a single snap from under center but he never completed a single pass while under pressure.

He does have a good arm though and is rather accurate although he didn't throw many deep balls. One deep ball he did throw missed by 10 yards.

Don't question the BLAINE TRAIN.

gabbfairleyredpillbluepill-1.jpg

- Now with pills!

No chance we draft Gabbert now, and his stock will plummet soon.

Why?

Because Yas mentioned we could end up taking him, and we know what his predictions are like. For those keeping track, he also said we could draft Newton, Fairley, and Bowers. He's rounding out the top ten sometime next week.

McShay had Luck going #1 to us and Gabbert going #3 to the Bills about 3 weeks ago before Luck pulled his name out. Gabbert also wasn't going to come out UNLESS he had a top 20 draft grade by the review committee. So, no its not correct that he would be a 2nd round draft choice in any other year. The kid is a LEGIT 1st round draft pick and if you can get a franchise QB with your 1st round pick then you do it.
no.he's.not.

he might be the turd that floats to the top, but that doesn't make him a legit first round talent.

If he is not first round talent then why would everyone talk him up to be? You can say all day long that he is being talked about in the first round because a weak class, but why are other qb's not being slated as first round picks ie:Yates, Stanzi, Ponder???????????

There is an obvious reason....he is leaps and bounds above the rest. They dont just take a qb every year and make a big hype train about him for shits and gigs, they have reasons.

he might be the turd that floats to the top, but that doesn't make him a legit first round talent.

so you're saying NONE of the quarterbacks in this draft are worth a first round pick?

If he is not first round talent then why would everyone talk him up to be? You can say all day long that he is being talked about in the first round because a weak class, but why are other qb's not being slated as first round picks ie:Yates, Stanzi, Ponder???????????

There are many reasons why people could talk him up to be when he's not, but in this case he is.

For most of the season he has been first round talent. He has been one of the top Qb prospects since high school. He didn't have great numbers this year but he did show improvement in many areas, and his mechanics are still pretty decent. His footwork (especially once pressured) needs coaching up. But he's got the measurables and the intangibles. He's also supposedly a pretty smart kid. Now, as the draft gets closer and scouts take closer looks at him, he moves up the board. He was already skyrocketing when people thought Luck was staying in, so the idea that it was only because Luck isn't around that people want to take him in the first round is crazy.

There is an obvious reason....he is leaps and bounds above the rest. They dont just take a qb every year and make a big hype train about him for shits and gigs, they have reasons.

leaps and bounds my fat white butt.

this is the worst QB class since '07. it's pathetic. people have talked up plenty of reaches. people made up plenty of reasons to hype whatever QBs were in the draft that year. doesn't mean squat. just means that there were gullible people willing to believe that they weren't as crappy as they really were.

i didn't say that gabbert isn't better than the other guys (although i don't see a whole lot of seperation between him and the other guys). i said he isn't 1st round material. he's as much of a project as just about any QB in this draft with just as limited upside.

i don't care what the pundits say. he's not as good as advertised.

He was already skyrocketing when people thought Luck was staying in, so the idea that it was only because Luck isn't around that people want to take him in the first round is crazy.

He was skyrocketing when people thought Luck was going to declare as well. I remember seeing McShay and Kiper both had Luck going #1 and Gabbert #5.

From what Ive heard he made the best out of what offensive line and recievers he had

so you're saying NONE of the quarterbacks in this draft are worth a first round pick?
pretty much. maybe late first round for lack of better choices.

only guy who has any real upside in this draft is newton, but he is as raw as it gets and needs to be in just the perfect situation for it to work.

gabbert is one of those guys you would have to wait several years behind an established QB in a solid offense before he was close to being ready and even then he'd be hit or miss.

pretty much. maybe late first round for lack of better choices.

only guy who has any real upside in this draft is newton, but he is as raw as it gets and needs to be in just the perfect situation for it to work.

gabbert is one of those guys you would have to wait several years behind an established QB in a solid offense before he was close to being ready and even then he'd be hit or miss.

Newton has more upside than Gabbert? Lol, it all makes sense now!!! :crazy:

Newton has more upside than Gabbert? Lol, it all makes sense now!!! :crazy:
yes, the dude has more potential. celinig is a lot higher. doesn't mean that he will meet his potential.

i don't see either one of these guys being a sure thing or even close. too many factors have to come into play for either of them to work out.

sorry if i don't feed from the spoon of whatever a couple draftniks are feeding me. i choose to make my own decisions.

Im not really partial to picking anyone at this moment because I want to wait to see how the top pick guys did at the combine/proday. Whoever we pick I will not be upset or super excited until they get on the field during game day and either own it up or suck balls. Then I will have an emotion about it. As far as Gabbert goes, I dunno, I've watched him play since last season, Ive seen some of his poor decisions like trying to force the ball into double coverage, but I've also seen him make great decisions. I'm not real sure what to think about the guy. Ive come in contact with him before and he does seem to have the height plus weight to be an NFL QB and also seems to have a decent amount of intelligence. All in all if he gets picked by us, I will trust that someone saw something in him that was way better than any other player in the draft and hope that he succeeds and kicks ass on the field.

the problem i have w/ the combine and pro days is it doesn't really show what they do in real game situations. it puts them in the most ideal of situations, esp. pro days, where they can't help but look good.

someone could tear it up at the combine but once you get them in the game or in pads they just crumble.

it's a great way to get players overrated on measurables and drills that really don't matter.

Archived