• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yo, Golfers

Hawk

Yeah you meet some interesting characters at the golf course. I worked at a course for a year and a half when I was in college and the people and the stories they tell are amazing. I played either 36 or 27 holes for a year straight and some of the members ended up doubling my paycheck each week!

The best was when one member always said he was a 1 handicap and tried to qualify for the US Open at Torrey Pines. He was a grade A asshat, drove a Farrari and took up two spots, had a wife less than half his age who had great tits, and always top of the line gear. You need to be a 1 handicap to be able to try and qualify. Long story short he shot well over 100 before they made him stop playing without finishing his round and he's basically been blacklisted at many nice courses in SD. I laugh every time I think about him.

His wife finally woke up and left him with a lot of his money and a new boob job! Everyone wins.

Not quite everyone.

Couldn't this thread also be titled. "Yo, Liars"?

Why would I lie about playing with 10 year old sticks?

Wait, that came off a bit perverted. I meant 10 year old clubs.

Now if the thread becomes about handicap, it's every man for himself and the first liar don't stand a chance....:lol:

ta6_prodshot.jpg

I've been playing these for 5 years now and I really like them. The grips are just now starting to go and I play 3 times a week during the season.

The important thing is to hit as many different brands as you can with the gear to gauge your distance and accuracy. But one of the most underrated aspects of the club is it has to pass the eye test at address. If you're not comfortable looking down at the club at address and it just doesn't look right to you, nothing else matters because you'll never be able to hit it well.

Some of the offset clubs and hybrids I've tried never get beyond address with me because I'm not comfortable with what I'm looking at.

And always check out your local "Play It Again Sports" or "Golf USA" store. They both take used clubs in trade and they have to be in pretty good shape.

I know a lot of people "fudge" their scores, but I've never understood the point of that... why lie, because when you go out and play with someone, you'll get busted.

Unless you play with the same person consistently, you can just chalk it up do having a bad day. I've played with several people who shoot in the high 30s to low 40s on 9, but every time I play with them they shoot near 50. :rolleye:

Archived