• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did you meet your wife/husband?

SCP

match

I tried bars but found that every girl I went out on a date with was nowhere near as interesting as I found them to be at the bar. I came to the conclusion that when I was out at a bar I was having a great time already and I just associated that great time with the lady I had met. Yes you laughed at my jokes...but I am funny so you should. I am like poo and people are like flies...they are just drawn to me naturally.

Picking up women at church was too creepy a concept for me.

So I joined match.com and went out with a couple people. I found that most women misrepresent themselves (physically or mentally) and had a lot of 1 and dones. So I stopped using match and my membership was about to run out when I got a message from this girl. I saw her pics and liked her profile. We chatted for a bit via email and decided to meet for a beer at Sir Eds. We met and talked for about 5 hours. Found out we both grew up in FL. I said the two most important survival techniques I learned growing up in Florida was the Sting Ray shuffle and if I was being chased by an alligator....then she said "You run in zig zags" That is when I knew she was special.

That was a year and a half ago.

What is the lame move?

leaving your number on a card slip goes unnoticed most of the time. my doing so was only remembered because my friend and I were the only ones in the bar at the time. she threw the slip away after the tip was claimed. just like she did with all the others.

Oh, you mentioned not getting a call to start the conversation.

Risky, but it worked.

I enjoyed the "Dumb things Kris has said to me" converstation we all had a few years ago, back when we had game parties.

the first thing I actually said was, "Hey, you work at the saucer don't you?" mentioning the number on the slip was a couple statements after that.

i have said some dumb things for sure, but i make up for it.

She was a patient of a classmate.

They were going up the escalator, I was going down.

I started quick idle chat with our mutual friend, mostly so I could ogle my wife.

Later in class, my friend said her friend thought I was cute. I said the same.

She said she would see if it was ok for me to have her number so I could call her.

I spent some serious time writing down things to say. Yeah, really friggin suave, right?

Turned out I didn't need the list, we talked for hours, no list needed.

Went for coffee, went for lunch, dinner.....

Will be ten years in September.

She was a patient of a classmate.

They were going up the escalator, I was going down.

I started quick idle chat with our mutual friend, mostly so I could ogle my wife.

Later in class, my friend said her friend thought I was cute. I said the same.

She said she would see if it was ok for me to have her number so I could call her.

I spent some serious time writing down things to say. Yeah, really friggin suave, right?

Turned out I didn't need the list, we talked for hours, no list needed.

Went for coffee, went for lunch, dinner.....

Will be ten years in September.

how did you know she was thee one? and why did you marry her?

how did you know she was thee one? and why did you marry her?

I can't speak for any other posters but for me it was easy. When I realized that what I had was so great that I didn't even want to risk losing it looking for something better....that's when I knew....

not so shocking for me, met her at church. what is shocking is i was a skirt chasing, drug dealing party animal not a few years before who had enough.

i didnt go looking for a "good" woman. i just wanted to clean up my act and that was it. i had buddies who more or less begged me to go on dates and i just didnt want to.

while on a double date, she filled in for a roomate of hers. i was out with another girl. the whole night, not only did she laugh at everything i said but she got 90% of my jokes, which, as you all know, is a feat unto itself.

after a couple of times going out i realized i was a total goofball around her and she was the one.

16 yrs this May.

Had a class with my wife in a community college class. She told me later that the first time I walked into the room she told her friend beside her that she would be marrying me. I told her later that the first time I saw her I thought "damn look at that ass!"

Be married for 10 years this May the good Lord willing.

Archived