• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone done P90X?

Cat

Did P90 last year (the little brother to the P90X program) and cant say enough good about it.

Im going to do another cycle of it starting next week and hope to do P90X by the end of the year.

My advice, if you're not going to get all militant about your diet then at least follow the breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner schedule and don't eat within 3 hours of going to bed.

Good luck!

I'm not wanting to loose weight but tone up. Actually I'd like to put some weight on mostly in my upper body ( i can't gain weight there).

Do you think i would need to follow a strict diet to tone and add some upper muscle? I eat pretty healthy most of the time anyways.

As far as dieting, P90X is no different than any other workout program you put yourself on. You diet different ways to get different results. Find a diet program that is best for your needs. You will likely need to consume more calories if you begin a program like this as you will begin to burn a substantial amount. If you want to gain weight you need to get calories, protein, and carbs. If you do not up your intake of those, you will likely start burning out after a month or so.

Yeah, get ready to get ur ass kicked. Ive heard that it is pretty intense.

If all else fails, you can come to kickboxing at the Y with me.

Fun, I've always wanted to do kickboxing. I use to do zumba and dance out every week but it's hard to get away with a kid sometimes.

Fun, I've always wanted to do kickboxing. I use to do zumba and dance out every week but it's hard to get away with a kid sometimes.

Yeah I can understand that. I was going twice a week but my buddy tore her ACL up at snowshoe a couple weeks ago. I usually go to the Harris one but went to the Dowd one last week. Its pretty intense, but way more physically demanding than the other one.

Did you already head up to Snowshoe?

Yeah I can understand that. I was going twice a week but my buddy tore her ACL up at snowshoe a couple weeks ago. I usually go to the Harris one but went to the Dowd one last week. Its pretty intense, but way more physically demanding than the other one.

Did you already head up to Snowshoe?

Bummer!

We just got back Sunday night from Snowshoe. It was an amazing trip. I love that mountain. So many fun trails. I'm ready to go back!

I was looking to lose some lbs when I ordered the product but that's not exactly the result I ended up with. I dropped maybe 12 lbs but after a few weeks the weight started going back up while the body fat was going down. So I was putting on lean mass and getting pretty ripped for me. I was drinking a recovery shake after the workouts but other than that was holding right in the 2200 cals/day range.

So I don't think you would need to get crazy about a diet I don't think it would hurt either.

When I'm really watching what I'm eating I'll eat between 1200-1400 calories a day (which is right for my weight). I think I'll up that to about 1800 when I'm doing P90X

Archived