• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which has more upside?

Brokenbad

WR is NOT the damn problem with the offense.

Why is this so hard to understand?

i know offensive line and quarterback are much bigger concerns, and i would love to have a jake long type player in this god awful draft, but there isnt, and it would be ridiculous not to try to improve on the last ranked offense with the BPA on offense. this fa period (if there is one) has much better defensive players than offense as well, i cant think of a great fa offensive player

anyway, if there is no cba in place by the draft, i would love to get aj green because it would be a nice tool for luck/jones/berkley in 2012.

We have two promising young receivers that will only get better. I don't understand it either.

Two promising #2 receivers. I'm still not sold that either could be a legitimate #1. I think most of the AJ Green wanters are going off the belief he is the top talent in this years draft (and I believe that as well). No, WR is not our biggest need but these guys are BPA drafters. That said, I would feel nervous going into the draft with no FA pickups. If we draft Green or Peterson (or Bowers) in the first round and are unable to sign any decent FA DT's we are going to have problems. Likewise, if we don't draft Peterson, lose Marshall, and cannot pickup a decent DB; we will have problems in the backfield. You can even say if we don't draft Bowers and Johnson gets an offer too good to pass up from another team, we will have major problems. It's all a crapshoot unless you know what the team is doing behind the scenes, talk with our free agents, or get into the head of some of these talented guys in the draft.

I believe if we want to be an elite franchise, we are going to have to rely on both the draft and FA. This year more than most FA is going to be key.

If you look at our most recent FA acquisitions....... besides THE Marcus Hudson i can't think of any that were worth much.

Once the CBA is finalized hopefully the wallet gets opened and we make up for the lack of offseason acquisitions.

I truly believe in building through the draft accompanied with some free agents acquisitions, our team has dumped all veterans and been completely inactive in free agency for the past few years. Time to make up for it.

If and when there is a new salary cap, I believe the Panthers will have more than enough room to resign our core players and make a splash in FA. I would love to see us continue to develop talent through the draft. But, I would also love to see some Free Agent talent pulled in especially on the defensive line. I believe we are one solid tackle and a DE away from having a top tier defense.

As far as our first pick is concerned we must go best player available. In my eyes AJ Green is that player. We would be arguably one of the best young receiving cores in the league with Green, Smith, and our collaboration of young talent in Lafell, Gettis, Edwards, and even Martin and Wright.

I believe that core of WR talent would be an awesome tool to use to land a good FA QB.

Two promising #2 receivers. I'm still not sold that either could be a legitimate #1. I think most of the AJ Green wanters are going off the belief he is the top talent in this years draft (and I believe that as well). No, WR is not our biggest need but these guys are BPA drafters. That said, I would feel nervous going into the draft with no FA pickups. If we draft Green or Peterson (or Bowers) in the first round and are unable to sign any decent FA DT's we are going to have problems. Likewise, if we don't draft Peterson, lose Marshall, and cannot pickup a decent DB; we will have problems in the backfield. You can even say if we don't draft Bowers and Johnson gets an offer too good to pass up from another team, we will have major problems. It's all a crapshoot unless you know what the team is doing behind the scenes, talk with our free agents, or get into the head of some of these talented guys in the draft.

Nobody saw Smith as a number 1 either.

You are correct dead last in offense, but who will get AJ Green the damn ball?

Our recievers are not total garbage, one WR is not going to change this offense around but it could help.

We have too big of a need at DT.

not sure you know this, but the DT won't help WRs get the ball.

i would prefer RG and DT to be addressed through FA. very solid choices there.

there are a few CBs that would be good in the draft, although aso would be the best choice, imo.

there are some good WRs in FA this year as well. a couple big guys from the chargers might be available.

we have too much youth on the team right now. we are looking at probably another 10 picks in the draft again, maybe more. i'd rather get some experience. i wouldn't be a bit opposed to trading every non-comp pick after the 3rd round for vet players (as long as they were young and had a future). hopefully one of those trades would net us a 2nd rounder, though.

we have too much youth on the team right now. we are looking at probably another 10 picks in the draft again, maybe more. i'd rather get some experience. i wouldn't be a bit opposed to trading every non-comp pick after the 3rd round for vet players (as long as they were young and had a future). hopefully one of those trades would net us a 2nd rounder, though.

Why would any team trade away young promising players for late round picks, not to mention giving us a 2nd in the process?

Why would any team trade away young promising players for late round picks, not to mention giving us a 2nd in the process?
young players meaning under 30. trades like that are made all the time.

getting that 2nd would depend on us trading away one of the players we already have in conjunction with a late round pick.

Archived