• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SB43's big lesson: Quarterbacks are important

raleigh-panther

Just thought I'd share an article from The Sporting News paid service.

Sorry if its too long for some of you.

Some don't like Cosell; but, I'll give him this, he did pick the Cardinals to beat the Panthers and explained why.

At some point, this franchise needs a franchise QB and we will go no further until we do.

2003 was 6 years ago.

Some don't like Cosell; but, I'll give him this, he did pick the Cardinals to beat the Panthers and explained why.

At some point, this franchise needs a franchise QB and we will go no further until we do.

2003 was 6 years ago.

I hope when we do get a "franchise QB" that he is as immobile as possible and can put up gaudy passing stats. I want a 6'5 240 lb statue a la Drew Bledsoe that can see over the line and make his reads and will never leave the pocket where he could get hurt cuz QBs never get hurt standing in the pocket. I bet you if Pittsburgh would've had a QB that didnt try to make plays with his feet and use his athleticism and consistently put up fancy passing stats they would've won the Super Bowl. Oh wait! :D

I hope when we do get a "franchise QB" that he is as immobile as possible and can put up gaudy passing stats. I want a 6'5 240 lb statue a la Drew Bledsoe that can see over the line and make his reads and will never leave the pocket where he could get hurt cuz QBs never get hurt standing in the pocket. I bet you if Pittsburgh would've had a QB that didnt try to make plays with his feet and use his athleticism and consistently put up fancy passing stats they would've won the Super Bowl. Oh wait! :D

I read that Gruden likes The Golden Calf of Bristol. Very big man, loves to run. Fox should love him.

Jake doesn't exactly leave the pocket either. He is no threat when the pocket collapses to do anything except go down or fumble.

You know the point the article was trying to make and IMHO, its makes it well.

2003 was 6 years ago.

If it from a paid service we can leave it here. Just post the link.

I read that Gruden likes The Golden Calf of Bristol. Very big man, loves to run. Fox should love him.

Jake doesn't exactly leave the pocket either. He is no threat when the pocket collapses to do anything except go down or fumble.

You know the point the article was trying to make and IMHO, its makes it well.

It sure does. My post was pure sarcasm. The thing I like most about your article is that it compares 2 different QBs with 2 different styles. Both had success last year, but the more athletic improvisational "sandlot" QB won the big game. This is in stark contrast to our "old school" philosophy that a QB can only being one thing.

Archived